blog template

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

He made it!

We went to the airport yesterday to drop him off. He was SOOOOO excited he could hardly stand it. We got him checked in and then went up to the security level. He grabbed something to eat because he hadn't had any breakfast. Right after he got done eating, he was ready to go! We went over to a corner and took some pics (which I will post later) and then he gave us all a hug. The girls started crying and I must admit I shed a few tears....(not as many as the girls :) then he was ready to get on that plane. He walked thru security and turned and had the hugest smile gave a very enthusiastic wave and was gone. I was really glad that we had lots of packing to do because it kept our minds off of him.

I kept waiting for for an email today and it finally came! He basically said (till I learn how to transfer his letters from email, I will have to summarize)

Hi! I made it! It was a really long flight. I met up with 10 other elders in Atlanta and we all flew down together. I gave away a pass a long card already! I have a native companion who will be here tomorrow. The MTC is really cool. There is even a basketball court! We get to play for 1 hour a day! We got to sleep in till 8:30 this morning because of jet lag. We have interviews with the MTC president at 11:00. There are alot of other missionaries waiting to email so I better go. Love you all! Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment