blog template

Monday, December 19, 2011

Week 73 Baptisms & wedding!!!

the whole group


future leaders....

December 19, 2011

Dear Mother!!
Ok, so the call home is going to be really simple, I am going to call you, and you can call me back :) SO I am going to need YOUR phone number, and when I call, you will have the number on the caller ID :) I will be calling later on in the day your time, because we are going to be eating dinner at the Snyder's Home (American Family) so we will be a little late :) So plan on my calling like around 1 or 2 in the afternoon :) I am excited to talk to you all! I am not going to write a long email because we are going to talk in 6 days!! Sorry!! It will help us savor the call more!! haha I am going to high light a couple things this week though.
1) We got our new trucks!! I will be sending a picture!! :P They are not as powerful as our other one, but they are new and nice! I am excited to use them!!

2) We had an early transfer!! Elder Omondi is going down to Awassa to be the Zone Leader down there. It is about 5 hours from Addis Ababa where er serve now. The ZL down there needed to leave, things were not working out. So we had an early transfer. I am really sad to see Elder Omondi go. We had three baptisms this week, and have another four coming up.... he was a great comp and an even better friend. He goes home way after me though, not soon haha he is only 9 months out! I tease him all the time haha I am going to miss him! My new comp is going to be Elder Welch from Awassa, he came with Elder Rennie, so he is a little older than me.

3) We had three baptisms this week! All Sudanese! we even had a Sudanese Recent Convert do the baptisms! It was so great! It was so spiritual! We had a total of 5 baptisms here in Megenagna, so we are really seeing some growth.

Well, that is it!! Write down questions to ask me on Sunday! I am excited! :) I have not got all the packages yet, including mine, but I did get the piano music. I think the post office is just slammed because it is Christmas time! We are going to have a good party, eat, play, all that stuff!

OH!! We just got another couple up here named the Campbell's. They are from Vernal! They know the Manwarings, and are related to the Merrils, small world!

Love you!!
Elder Brad Kendall

having fun at a wedding

missionaries and the new couple



waiting for baptism
new truck

elephant tooth

No comments:

Post a Comment