Dear Mother,
Yes the food was delicious, and we were sure to thank them, it was so kind of them. I dont like yams though... so its ok that we did not have them haha (I told him to tell the familes who fed them thank you so so muchfrom me.. and I joked that he didn't have yams, his little sister Jenna LOVES them) I got some good updates from the girls on what all is going on, and I sent them some good personal emails haha :P I did not get one from Jenna this week though!! :(
We are planning the Christmas party for the Zone, it is going to be really fun I think. I did receive some of the packages that other family members sent. I got the ones from G-pa and G-ma Manwaring, Uncle Bruce and Aunt Jolene, and Uncle Lance and Aunt Karen. I will be holding on to them till the Zone Christmas party, then I will be distributing them. I am waiting for the others to arrive, and of course, MINE!! haha :)
Ya I am emailing President Jackson about my endorsement thing. I sent him my password and such so he can log on and do whatever he needs to do. If he does not do it soon, its ok, he is coming up here right before Christmas to do some interviews, so we will do it then, no worries :) (on his BYU application status he still needs the ecclesiastical Endorsement)
Well, my week was great! We had another powerful Sunday of 103 people at church! And we had 6 confirmations, so sacrament meeting went a little long, but it was good! We are really happy with the new branch president that the district put in, he is really collaborating well with us in our missionary efforts, it is really going to boost the branch. We have a lot of Sudanese that are coming to the branch and we have a separate class for them for gospel principles, and our two recent converts teach it in their native tongue, it is really cool! We are really trying to build a foundation here with the Recent Converts, because some of the old members have faded away, so we are building and baptizing!! It is something unique to countries where the church is new, we have a foundation to lay. We are also getting home teaching started in the branch, and it is really working well! The missionaries are assigned to work with some less experienced members so we can show them what home teaching is and why we do it. Home Teaching surprisingly does not happen much in our mission, is is something I have really struggled with in each of the branches I have served. Just another thing about the church growing in new countries haha The Zone is doing well, we are really united and excited! We are still waiting for the missionaries who have been transferred up here, we hope they will be coming this week to join us. It has been really hard getting their visas I guess, so that's why they are coming a few weeks late. We really hope they get up here soon, we need them! Oh, and we are also getting some new trucks..... :P Ill send a picture of them probably next week, but we just went and bought them today :) They are similar to the one I drove while I was in Jinja, I am really excited :) hahaha There are some peaks to being a Zone Leader I guess :)
Well, thats about it! I love you guys! Keep moving forward! I am excited for my package, thanks again for doing that for me. I am excited to talk to you on Christmas! Love you!
Elder Brad Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment