blog template

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

week 85 to Ethiopia and back

a nice little critter

reunion with good friends

progress on the church building in Ethiopia

how blessed are we?

Wend  Ganet branch meeting house

President Jackson inside the meeting house

missionaries and members outside...
March 13, 2012

Dear Mother!

WOW!!! This last week was SO long.... I am so tired right now. We just flew in today and we dropped our things at the house, then came right to the office to start working with President Jackson. I am so smoked!! Ill go through the whole schedule of everything that we did! Here it goes!! haha OH, I am sending a TON of pics too, so be happy!! haha They speak more than any amount of words that I could say!! haha (if only he would  explain them so I know what where and who...)

SO, on Monday and Tuesday we were in the office doing the necessary office things that needed done, we also went to the post office and picked up all the missions mail and such. That is the least favorite thing I like to do haha.

Wednesday was the day that the craziness began!! We went to the airport really early to check in, and we arrived in Ethiopia about 7pm. We went out to eat with the Zone Leaders and President and Sister Parrish. They are the senior missionary couple up there. They are really awesome, they helped me so much when I was up there. I love them! We then slept at the ZL's house and prepared for the trainings the next day.

On Thursday we had the trainings in Megenagna, a zone of about 16 Elders spread all over the capital city. It was one of the best meetings we have had. We have some excellent missionaries up there! I After that, we went and taught with the missionaries in my old area! I went and saw all the families that I baptized! It was so great! I took lots of pics, I am sending them don't worry :)

Friday we took off to go down to Awassa. It is about a 4 hour drive. We went straight to Wendo Ganet where we were forming the branch. Pres Jackson needed to interview some of the priesthood holders, so we worked with the Elders during that time. I took alot of pics there too!! Most of the pics are from there. There is no running water there, so they fill up the font from the river!! :P

Saturday we had trainings with the Elders, another great meeting! That area down there in not even a year old and we already have two branches! The Elders are doing great.

Sunday was the day! We drove to Wendo Ganet in the morning, and formed it as a branch! There were 65 people there, and the new leaders bore powerful testimonies! That area went through a hard time, a member actually broke away from the church there and formed his own! So it really messed up the members for a while, but now everything is great!! :) I am so excited for that area!!

Monday we travelled back to Addis Ababa, and played some ball with the Elders since it was pday. I was fun.

This morning we woke up, packed up, and headed for the airport, and here we are!! yay!! I am so tired haha

That was my week! It was great, tiring, and awesome! I loved seeing all my Elders again that I use to be ZL over, it was awesome. I loved seeing the members too. I am so blessed!!

Ill make sure to email the girls tomorrow, nice long emails, and talk to them :) I don't have time tonight, so it will have to be tomorrow, tell them not to get mad haha Love you!!

Elder Brad Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment