| more pics from Ethiopia |
| hee haw |
| elder Chiromo |
| the next few pics are in Busia which is on the Kenya border |
March 19, 2012
Dear Mother,
My week was really busy! I was "Home" about 2 days in the last two weeks..... it was crazy. We got back from Ethiopia on Wednesday I think.... or Tuesday, then we head out to the eastern side of Uganda on Thursday to visit Busia. We have a group of church members meeting out there. President Jackson sent us out there to see if they could be made into a branch. We found about 7 priesthood holders that have been working with the missionaries, and a great building in which there were meeting. We were able to give a very positive report to President Jackson about that area! We are going to now work on making that area into a branch! Speaking of new branches, we just made a new branch in Iganga! It is an area about 45 kilometers outside of Jinja! They have been waiting for a while to be made a branch! It was great! I was the Zone Leader over that area when it was opened, and it was not even a group, and now it is a branch of over 100 members!! So awesome! We are really seeing alot of growth here! All of these things have been in motion for so long, and the foundation laid by so many missionaries! I am so glad that the Lord has allowed me to be apart of all this! It is an incredible learning experience! I was able to spend the entire weekend in Njeru, my old area, with my old companion! Elder Chiromo! We had a great time working with the missionaries there! It was so cool to see all my recent converts! They are all still active! Many of them have the Melchizedek priesthood, and are teaching and holding very prominent callings! I baptized two families there as well, and I was able to visit them both! They were so shocked to see me! I did not tell them we were coming so it was a surprise to them all!! haha I was also able to attend church there on Sunday, that was the best, I was able to see everyone! One of my recent converts even had a baby while I was gone! I was able to see her they named her Peace. It was such a great experience! I am glad that I was able to see the fruits of my labors blessing the lives of others. It was incredible. The Lord knew I needed experiences like these, He is so great and all knowing! I had a great week! I am super tired though now, because we have been running around and such. But this coming week we are going to be in the office the whole week planning, and getting ready for transfers, which is going to be super crazy! Next week we start all over again!! haha Same meetings and trips and everything! Which means Ethiopia again in about a month!! Yay!! haha :) I really do love that place! ;)
Sounds like everything is a little calmer than the last couple weeks! That is good haha :P I am really glad things are settling down a little!
It is super crazy that Mike is going home, then zac and trent and all those guys.... absolutely crazy!! Ah!! haha (all his Arizona buddies)
Yes I want to report in AZ! :) Yes please check with Bishop Layton about August 11th :) Jeff flies in on the 8th, so I really want to be there for that as well... if its ok, that is on a Wednesday :)
Well!! Love you!! Pray for me!!
Elder Brad Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment