game night with the senior couples
Dear Mother,
(This was at the beginning of my letter this week....Well, either you died last week from your malaria or you figured since we talked
to you for 3 hours there was nothing more to say or you were so busy that you
didn't have a minute to write... take your pick ha ha ha :) but
seriously....how are you feeling? back up to full power yet?)
Mom, I am not dead. I am actually feeling alot better now! I am really
feeling better, don't worry! I am still a little tired at times, but i am making
sure to get plenty of sleep, and I am keeping up really well! Don't worry about
me at all! I am going to be fine! :)
We have spent the most part of this week in meetings, so it was a good time
for me to recover and get my strength back. We started our rounds of
leadership training here in Kampala. We have had meetings with two of the zones,
and we only have one more to do here in Kampala. We are going to have that
meeting on Tuesday, then on Wednesday we are going to fly to Ethiopia!! Yay!! I
am serious when I say that is the best part about being an AP hahaha It does
have its perks!! :P I am really excited to go back and visit all of my people
again! It is going to be great! We leave on Wednesday, and we come back
next Tuesday. This week we also started something a little new with the
missionaries. We had all of the district leaders and zone leaders get together
and we had a special meeting for them. It was a more instructional meeting on
how they can more effectively fulfill all of their leadership responsibilities.
We have a lot of new leaders so this meeting was really necessary. We helped
them see the relationship of working together as Zone and District Leaders, so
that the work goes forward with more force! Something that President Jackson has
taught me is that we are here to help build missionaries, not only the church.
So we really are focusing on building some great leaders, especially since they
are going to go home and be the leaders there! It is a really different focus, I
am not really focused on investigators anymore, but individual missionaries.
Everything that we plan for, is for the missionaries, how they can improve and
how they can have an enjoyable mission. I am really starting to feel that I am
leaving soon, so I am trying to impart all of my knowledge into the
missionaries! If they can know now what I know, their missions will be so much
better! I really wish I knew what I know now at the beginning of my mission!!
haha So ya, that is what is going on over here! OH something really cool that we
got to do this week was go to a wedding! A member of the church who works for
the mission was getting married and we got invited to his wedding! He is a
driver for the mission, so we work with him A LOT. It was such a fun party and
celebration! We had a great time. I sent a lot of pictures, so enjoy! I also
have a lot of videos that we can watch when I get home haha :)
Well it sounds like Garret's wedding went well! That is good for them! I am
glad they are happy! Garret, good for him! I think I might be the next one of
the grand kids... we will have to see! Is anyone else dating anyone? The cousins
need to get on it!! haha It will be really cool to see everyone as they grow up.
I emailed Keith, he is doing good, It is good to talk to him, he is so
great.
The girls seem to doing well! Good for them! I am sure that they are all
excited for summer!! I sure am!! haha :P
Mom..... I did not want to say it.... but your getting old!! haha :P You
have a son who is coming home from a mission soon!! :P hahaha I hope you shin
really gets better soon! That cannot feel good at all! sorry about that
:(
Well, that is all for this week folks!! haha Love you! Talk to you again on
Tuesday!! Love you!!
Elder Brad Kendall
|
No comments:
Post a Comment