blog template

Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 8

Just a little note to explain his first statement. I told him if he didn't want me to include some of his letter on the blog just tell me what he didn't want included. I said to him ."I don't want you to feel like you have to write "perfect" letters of a "perfect mission"

Dear Mom,

What makes you think that I am not having a perfect mission!? I love it here ok! hahaha I really do though, there is no other place in the world I would rather be. And ya missionaries here are not very strict on the rules I have found, its kind of depressing. Alot go on facebook and watches movies and have their ipods, but I'm glad me and elder Rennie follow the rules exactly, it makes things easier and we get alot of more work done. It also makes time go alot faster, like this week
I passed my month mark in Uganda, can you believe it?!

Anyways, the pillow, ya i need one haha But we really don't get alot of money here a month and the pillows at the store are really expensive, but i guess it would be cheaper to get one here. I'm going to just use my debit card and get some money out to get one. They have my wallet in the safe at the mission office so next time I'm there ill get my debit card out haha and no i did not have them change my address, you could do that for me right?? :) and my Christmas package should include a couple more things.... gum!! we are not allowed to chew it in public, but i would like some for the house haha and if you could possibly send or look for a shoulder bag that is good, because my backpack is SO HOT! and it gets my back super dirty haha so a small shoulder bag would be nice haha if packages are too expensive you could just put money on my debit card and I can try and find the things here :) I get plenty for food and toiletries, but not enough for personal use, its a good thing haha there is alot of cool stuff here!


I'm SO jealous you are reading that book! ah! i don't even want to talk about it haha (I'm reading mockingjay from the hunger game series. He was sad it would come out right after he left.)

It sounds like everyone is doing good with school and keeping busy with piano and such. I did not get an email from shan this week so I have no idea what you are talking about with the dance stuff, but I hope to hear from her soon! (Shan did send one but for some reason he didn't get it.)

Yes, I am still talking with Katie of course! She is doing good and stays busy with school, don't worry I'm far to busy to get too distracted.....i do miss her though!! It rains pretty much every other day, and its super humid and i hate it, absolutely hate dripping sweat down my back, and it never stops. All we have at the flat is a fan, one fan and there is no outlet in our room so we just sleep with no covers haha

Ok so my week was pretty chill, more teaching and... 2 more baptisms this Sunday! We are so excited! there are some awesome things happening in the mission. President has asked that 50 more missionaries be sent here to Uganda, we are excited to see what happens. President also says that he wants to open Rwanda and Sudan as soon as possible, so i might be going to open a new country! so exciting!

This week we had training for two days and I learned so much! Me and elder Rennie have set some pretty good goals for our area. My favorite quote from president Jackson is "who are you? Why are you here? and How much time do you have left to get it done?" I say that to myself every morning now, and it gives me alot of strength. I really love president Jackson, there is so much he taught, I cant write it all.

Elder Rennie also gave a awesome training, he is a great man is going to go places. We get transfer news this week! I really hope that we stay together. but so much is changing in the mission, anything could happen, we will know on Saturday! We are so excited haha

We had a zone activity today and played volleyball and ate some super good sandwiches! I miss sandwiches so much... and cheese, and apple juice.... ah! I'm going to lose alot of weight just from not eating so much!! haha

Well i think that's all that happened this week. This upcoming week is alot of work, and preparing for baptisms. I'm excited to find out about transfers this week too! we have 14 missionaries going home and only 9 coming so we might have to close areas for a short while, and wait for more missionaries to get here. We really just need twice as much missionaries here, Africa is ready to explode, we just need more dynamite!

I love and miss you all!

Love Elder Kendall


Ya, don't know what this is all about. Must be pretty superstitious there.

1 comment:

  1. I would really love an explanation on the monkeys. Are they all over the place? Are they mean? That is so amazing!

    And I thought it was funny when he mentioned he was still talking to Katie and then goes right into the weather! Excellent! :)

    ReplyDelete