blog template

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week 6

This is a sweet little orphan girl who hangs out at the church building a lot. The mission rules prevent the missionaries from helping the orphans but the church members help them when they can.

September 6, 2010

HI!

OK so this week has been so busy! Yes i got the recipes and I'm going to try and buy stuff today to make something haha I'm already losing weight, i went down a notch in my belt! Yes! haha don't worry though we are eating plenty :) Ill try and say everything that happens, but there is so much! I would need 8 hours to tell all that has happened this week! I'm going to try and send more pics as well, more of the inside of the apartment and of the rain!

It rained crazy hard on Wednesday! We were traveling and we had to run to the church and we got so wet!!

So it sounds like a lot of drama at home.... hahhahahaa not going to lie, drama is something that i really don't miss! And i knew it was only a matter of time before Shan was on the market again... sorry Shannon :P hahaha Its good to hear everyone is getting all settled in, and I miss you all too! Why the heck were you all crying at FHE?? Dad knows whats up, he knows I'm not dead and I'm coming back! You all need to figure that out!! :P hahaha jk jk i misses you all too :)
(I would like to say we weren't bawling our eyes out, it was just a little teary because Jenna was crying at FHE about missing Brad that made everyone else except Spencer a bit teary so he started singng "If you're happy and you know it!" and we all joined in....Whew! We avoided a major tear fest!)

Anyways, I got my haircut this week by one of our investigators and he did a pretty good job... I think... haha it feels really good to have short hair again! :) that's rain jacket we got has saved my life a couple times already, it keeps me so dry! its awesome! i love it :)

So this week i have been more tired than i have ever been in my life. We had a District Leader Training meeting on Tuesday and the new focus of our zone is to contact people. We are teaching alot of lessons, but finding is the key thing in missionary work. So they challenged us to do 3 hours, yes 3 hours of contacting, A DAY. That is alot, because we are suppose to have 6 lessons minimum as well. Elder Rennie and I took the challenge seriously and did it this week.We have seen so many blessings! We had 24 investigators come to church! That is so much! and we had record turn out in sacrament! We also gained 8 new progressing investigators! This week has been a crazy good week! this weekend we have 2 more baptisms! This does not come without consequences though. Let me tell you. I am SO TIRED!

One night this week Elder Rennie and I were sleeping and the phone went off at like 1:00 in the morning. We thought it was the alarm so we rolled out of bed and Elder Rennie started praying. In the middle of the prayer he asked me if i had any questions, I was like, no. then he closed and we laid back down. We were half asleep and just went back to sleep. We woke up in the morning and were like, did we wake up last night and pray? I was like.... ya i think.. haha it was really funny :) We were so exhausted! And we ask so many people if they have any questions, that's why Elder Rennie asked me in his sleep talk prayer haha anyways ya., that's how tired we are. I also misspelled Mormon to a investigator. I was giving them the website and spelled it to them mormom... ya.. anyways haha im tired :)

I got Shannon and Michelle's letters! I was so excited! You guys should still send me letters because i love mail! and I need some shoe laces... and chocolate... I miss chocolate.... so much. So Elder MacMillan left last Monday so its just me and Elder Rennie now all alone, but we are still working hard and doing well! P-day is chill, we cleaned for 3 hours this morning because it was so nasty! it is really clean now though! mom would be so proud!

We go on splits alot and we lead the zone in lessons and contacts. We are really working hard and i see the blessings. I am literally dying at the end of each day, but it is so worth it, and the time flies by! Mission is awesome! (is this a photo shoot? ha ha)

I am also picking up some weird slang language that you will think is funny haha Anyways Sundays are my favorite because i get to see all the investigators and people in church, and i get to relax for 3 hours haha because all the rest of the week there is no relax time at all!

Something i learned is that we need to talk to EVERYONE! just go out and SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW! it does not matter if you are a scholar or a primary kid, share what you know. I cant wait for next email day! I love it out here!

Stay strong and work hard is my new motto or whatever haha I cant wait to get a lazy companion so i can kick his butt!! haha love you :)

Elder Kendall

Poor cows! Can they find some grass to eat in all of that trash?

Another cute little girl. He must miss his sisters!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment