blog template

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

An excerpt from Brad's Companion Elder Rennie's letter

This is an excerpt from Elder Rennie's letter to his family (he wrote alot more than Brad) that describes their opportunity to teach in the school.

NOW THE HIGHLIGHT OF MISSION SO FAR: This was simply awesome and I will remember this for the rest of my life. We taught at a Primary School. Not just some regular Primary School but the biggest in Makindye. We taught close to 600 children ages 2-12 and about 40 of their teachers. It was amazing! No feeling quite like it, just standing in front of hundreds of kids talking about our Savior. We taught 3 different sessions, the little ones, then like ages 6-10, then 10-12. The pictures show the different groups of the children. A choir also performed for Elder Kendall and I. They were good, they could dance and sing so well. They are the picture with the yellow shirts. We were big time celebrities there. I honestly know how Bono feels now. Everyone wanting to shake your hand and just standing there as countless kids are fighting to touch my hand. It is very humbling and the children are so cute. I just love it here. The way we got set up to teach the school was that we contacted the school's pastor and he invited us to teach the children. We sat and talked with the Head Master of the school for some time. He was a great man and is doing so much to help the children at that school. He accepts many orphans and AIDS victims who have lost their parents. He was actually one of the only siblings of his that has survived because his parents had AIDS. We had a great lunch with him and says we are welcome back any day any time. Mom and Dad we will for sure go there when you come over here. Words cannot describe the scene we made as we went there. Hopefully the pictures help you understand a little of how it was. The head master was amazed at how well the children were listening and the teachers loved us there too. Just the best experience ever! I seem to have new best times almost every week. I am so blessed to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment