August 30, 2010
Hi!
Ok so this week is crazy! I have so much to write but so little time! I have been receiving more emails from people and I have loved it! I like to write people! I will write them a little something but I will write a full report to you mom :) anyways, this week has been great!
We live in a little town right outside Kampala name Makindye, and it is truly humbling to live here. I sent some more pics of our apartment, the inside and stuff. There are pics of some of the area and some kids as well :) I also sent some pics of the food, some of it is really good, and others are really bad haha My favorite is called Kasava chips! Oh so good! I really like samosas and Rolex as well, the Rolex is like a thick tortilla with a fried egg rolled in it, its very good, but very very unhealthy haha. The samosas are like triangles of tortilla fried with rice inside them haha anyways i have so much to write! ah! and only 30 min!
(I would think this he would call yuck? The girls all thought it looks gross!)
The kids here are awesome too, we have a little orphan girl who always hangs out at the church, she is only about one year old. I really feel bad for her, but we cannot provide aid because it is against mission rules. Some of the members take care of her. Ill send some pics of her and the church next week. ok so, those were the highlight of my week.
Now i will share something that i learned. I learned that missionary work is one of the wards main responsibilities. As I have worked with the ward here, I now see how important it is for members to get involved. It is not hard! participate in missionary activities, talk to your friends, and be an example, and that will further the work! Be willing to work with the missionaries and you will see the gospel explode! It is something I wish I would of done better at home.
Something else is that we can all receive revelation! DC 5:24 explains how :) and i learned that Christ does guide this work, it is am amazing thing! anyways, I have a ton that i could share, but i don't have time. I wrote it all in my journal, so don't worry, we will be able to share it at latter date :)
Shannon and Michelle seem to be doing well!!.....kind of... hahaha tell them to read Mosiah 2:41 :) Endure to the end and BE HAPPY!! :) I will make a lit of stuff i might need for Christmas but I can get pretty much everything here, i was surprised haha So yes mom, anything food i can pretty much get haha
well time to write my little sisters :)
LOve you mom and dad! ill try and write a more condensed version of my week from now on haha
Love
Elder Kendall
What a great letter! He sounds so happy and into the work. Don't you love being a mom of a missionary?? It's the best!
ReplyDelete