blog template

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Oops!! Had a different P-day

Hey!
Thanks for emailing back people! I have to email today because we are going out with the missionaries to go to a area in South Africa to teach people! I'm so excited! We are then going to the temple again on Tuesday so we have no Pday this week! I'm going to have to fit my washing in somewhere like during dinner or lunch haha. So I'm leaving on Wednesday to Uganda! AH! I'm so excited! I'm finally going out and teaching real people! I have a unique experience to share with you. Yesterday we had members come in from the local branch so that we could practice teaching. They pretended to be investigators so we could teach to their needs. We started and found out that they did not believe in God, Jesus and the Spirit being separate, so we started teaching about the Godhead. We tied that into the restoration to the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was about a thirty min lesson and at the end we started to bear our testimony and invite them to read and to pray. The spirit was so strong, and when my companion was bearing his testimony, the spirit took over, and we investigators/members started to get teary, and i did even. We bore our testimonies and left them to read and pray. After they thanked us for our lesson and said it was one of the most spiritual experiences they have had in coming to the MTC. I testify that the Spirit does guide this work of Jesus Christ. and even though we were practicing, we were able to teach with the spirit and able to teach effectively. I have a testimony of the importance of the spirit also, it is key to this work. I have another experience too, we were inviting our companions to be baptized and usually they say yes, but my teacher brother Roberts told us to say no, and for us to listen to the spirit to figure out what the concern of our companion is. Our companions picked a concern and kept it to themselves for us to find. I Invited Elder Thole to follow the example of our savior Jesus Christ and be baptized with someone holding the authority of God. He said no. I listened and immediately I felt a question pop into my mind. I was trying to think of another question but i could not, so i asked. I said that Jesus loves us and no matter what people may say or do, he will help us after we get baptized, no matter the persecution. I got his concern in one question. He was worried that his mother would disown him and his friends hate him. The spirit really does talk to us, and guide us in this work! I testify to this! All of us in that class got to the concern of our companions in one question, because we listened to the spirit. I Invite you all to try and have the spirit with you at all times, so it can guide you in your everyday life, to make good decisions, and live right. I love you all!! Ill write more when I'm in Uganda!

Love
Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment