blog template

Monday, October 18, 2010

I found noodles!!!! Week 12

Brads desk and study areaPic of Jordan River Temple (Brad's temple) made from Banana LeavesHis positive thinking quotes....The gate to the outside of their house

October 18, 2010

Dear Mother,

This week has been an up and down week. We had some really good things happen and some not so great things happen. First off it rained very hard two days this week and we had Zone Conference, so we did not do alot of teaching, which was horrible. Then we had investigators turn us down and say they were not interested anymore. So we had to drop alot of people. Those were the bad things, but there are somethings that you cannot control I guess. I was stressing out about everything because we were not putting up super good numbers, not because we were not working, but because people we were teaching were fake. And we cant really control the weather haha The rainy season is going to kill us! Anyways, Elder Cheney taught me that everyone has their agency, and we are there to help them make that right choice, by having the Spirit and teaching effectively. Then if they choose not to come, it is all on them, so I stressed down and I'm good now :P
(an investigator)

Anyways, this has lead us to more finding, and we have done alot of tracting and street contacting this week. We had four new investigators at church on Sunday which was awesome! This week is going to packed full of teaching! The Lord truly does bless those who work! I am so excited for this week! We have a new investigator named Grace who says she has been to alot of churches, trying to find the right one, and we have very high hopes for her and for her family! I really hope all goes well with them. We have alot of baptisms scheduled for November and are really looking forward to those! That was pretty much my week, we have 19 new converts that we want to see every week to continue to keep them strong, and the ward has set a goal of 30 baptisms before the end of the year so we have alot of finding and teaching to do also! I love Missionary Work! Elder Cheney and I are getting along great and we are not sure how long we are going to be together though.

I see Elder Rennie every Monday, we email at the same place! I love seeing him and getting updates from him :)
It sounds like you had a party week this week! Michelle needs to work on math, and Shan needs to stay away from boys! I know that is physically impossible, but one can wish right?? :P I missed an email from Rachel and Jenna though!Well I am SO excited for my package! Hopefully it gets here safe and sound, ill be praying! I think it will, Elder Rennie got one last week and it seemed to be all good! One more thing I forgot... My camera cord... I left it at home, like in the US. So... I need one hahaha Kodak EasyShare C180 :) Oh and if you could send me some cards, like Uno, Phase 10, Rook, Face cards :) We have nothing to do really on P-day so cards would be nice. ELder Chenie has some Uno cards and its super fun haha And one last thing.... A CD case :) At the distribution center here they sell gospel DVD's for 1,000 shillings, which is only 50 cents! so i bought a ton when we were at Zone Conference and a case would be nice, for portability ;)

I do have to pay to receive letters, so emails are the best way to write to me, but letters are nice sometimes. They are not expensive to receive, but if you are sending a larger thing, you should put like 3-5 dollars in my debit card account so I can take it out and pay for it haha We don't get alot of allotment here so we have to plan very carefully hahaAnyways, that's pretty much it. We only shop and email on Mondays, nothing really exciting, hence i need the cards haha I FOUND INSTANT NOODLES! I am in heaven now! I buy a ton every week and make them for many meals haha I also eat regular pasta alot, it is cheap ;) Good thing I love them! Anyways, I really miss a balanced diet, like a crave salad now.. it is weird. We also like to go eat at our favorite little Ethiopian place. They serve Engera, ill have to take you to a place to get it sometime, it is SO GOOD! anyways, we found a Chinese place yesterday and are going to eat there today. We asked what they make and she said anything! I asked about Hamburgers and she said yes!! AH! I am so happy! So we will probably be eating out more now :P
Anyways, my clothes are getting DESTROYED in the bucket washing haha ok not that bad, but still. Two of my shirts have ripped and one of my pants are coming unstiched. That's what you get for all this walking and working though haha Ill stitch them up today :) A new shirt or two will be needed next year though :P We cleaned our apartment like crazy today and it is so clean now, so don't worry ;)Well that's about it I think.

It is so cool Trevor is getting married! And Bro Severtson looks so happy! Good for him!

I love you all!!

Elder Kendall

Does he look like he loves food or what? The cake is one the sister missionaries made them.
Uganda Ice Cream "We helped a sister make a fire in her oven for her....SO FUN!! :P "
Can't take the scout of him I guess....

2 comments:

  1. Another week, another GREAT post! But I want to know that the motivational sign "We have the guns" mean???? Funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. in little print on the top of it it says 1 nephi 14:14 :)

    ReplyDelete