Nov 1, 2010
Dear Mom,This week has been a very good experience, for many reasons, first off, Elder Cheney has been doing very well, I figured I just needed to ignore and move on, you know! Everyone is different and we all just need to try our personal best, and my personal best is different from his. Anyways, he left sticky notes around the apartment for me saying he was sorry and that he will focus more and such. It made me feel bad because I felt like I judged him too much, but I just said what I felt. Anyways this week will be alot better!
We also watched conference this week which was amazing! I wish I could include all my notes! We need to slow down, listen to the prophet, choose to be happy and focus on the basics! Ah! I am going to be focusing a lot on a lot of those amazing talks!
Anyways, I was sick on Friday, so we stayed inside, and I am still sick, but am doing better, I think, my head hurts, I'm all congested, cough, sore throat, it is awesome let me tell you! But the work must go on!
This week is going to be crazy, we are finishing up things before the transfer ends, and we find out transfer news on Saturday, and we are all very excited for that. We really have no idea what is going on because there are so many leaders leaving that they have to take alot of new people into leadership. So I might have to train and be district leader next transfer. We are getting a missionary from Queen Creek though, and alot of Utah people. We really don't know what is going on with transfers anymore, so it will be a surprise on Saturday, which makes it more exciting haha
We have 5 people with a baptism date and two of them for sure are going to be baptized in two weeks, so we are excited for that as well, if I stay here haha I think that training a missionary would be sweet, but we will see what happens.
So I thought that since you sent me a package, you should get one too! I am going to Entebbe today, and going to buy some sweet stuff for the family. Don't worry it is not going to be big or expensive, just some stuff from good old Africa ;) Oh and I'm burning all the pics off of my camera and sending you the cds so you can have all the pics from my mission as well ;) I know I am a genius :) Oh and in the package, I am going to include a letter and some stuff to send to Katie, and if you can send that to her that would be great :)
Dear Mom,This week has been a very good experience, for many reasons, first off, Elder Cheney has been doing very well, I figured I just needed to ignore and move on, you know! Everyone is different and we all just need to try our personal best, and my personal best is different from his. Anyways, he left sticky notes around the apartment for me saying he was sorry and that he will focus more and such. It made me feel bad because I felt like I judged him too much, but I just said what I felt. Anyways this week will be alot better!
We also watched conference this week which was amazing! I wish I could include all my notes! We need to slow down, listen to the prophet, choose to be happy and focus on the basics! Ah! I am going to be focusing a lot on a lot of those amazing talks!
Anyways, I was sick on Friday, so we stayed inside, and I am still sick, but am doing better, I think, my head hurts, I'm all congested, cough, sore throat, it is awesome let me tell you! But the work must go on!
This week is going to be crazy, we are finishing up things before the transfer ends, and we find out transfer news on Saturday, and we are all very excited for that. We really have no idea what is going on because there are so many leaders leaving that they have to take alot of new people into leadership. So I might have to train and be district leader next transfer. We are getting a missionary from Queen Creek though, and alot of Utah people. We really don't know what is going on with transfers anymore, so it will be a surprise on Saturday, which makes it more exciting haha
We have 5 people with a baptism date and two of them for sure are going to be baptized in two weeks, so we are excited for that as well, if I stay here haha I think that training a missionary would be sweet, but we will see what happens.
So I thought that since you sent me a package, you should get one too! I am going to Entebbe today, and going to buy some sweet stuff for the family. Don't worry it is not going to be big or expensive, just some stuff from good old Africa ;) Oh and I'm burning all the pics off of my camera and sending you the cds so you can have all the pics from my mission as well ;) I know I am a genius :) Oh and in the package, I am going to include a letter and some stuff to send to Katie, and if you can send that to her that would be great :)
So today we are going to Botanical Gardens and the Victoria Beach! It is a tri-Zone activity! I am going to take so many pics so get ready next week! Also we are in Entebbe, which is a huge tourist town, so I'm going to buy a bunch of cheap stuff and send it home. I took out some money out of my debit card account to buy the stuff and ship it, because we are not allowed to use mission funds, it is misuse of the funds, so ya haha you guys are going to love the stuff! I am so excited! :) Ill be sending it out this week sometime, so get ready! And I don't really care if you open it right when you get it, because I want to hear your reactions!!! :P So yup, that's all that is going on here, just waiting for transfer news and working hard!!
oh ya, my favorite scripture.... um.. that is the worst question every just to let you know haha well... Mosiah 2:41 will have to do haha I have really come to see the importance and personal application of this scripture, I really love it! Everyone should read and apply it!!
Well I really hope you guys have fun chopping up cows and such! Think of starving old me out here in Uganda! haha jk jk i eat enough, we are starting to eat better haha :) Elder Rennie is doing well, I see him every Monday, and will see him today! It is good to hear the girls are having a good time, especially in all the cold! It is still warm and humid here! I am sitting on the equator here in Entebbe! Sister Corbitt said that it is 95 there! Ah! so hot! Zac has been in the same area since he left in April and wants to get out and see the rest of his mission haha Oh and can you get me on the email list of Mike, Zac, Jeff, and Trent? And anyone else that I know haha Oh and Ty! Have Shannon do some digging and find out there email stuff so I can get their emails :) Thanks :)
I love my mission here! It is a great experience and I am learned stuff every day! I hope all continues to go well there! I already have three months down! 21 to go! Time is flying! love you all!
Elder Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment