blog template

Monday, November 15, 2010

Where in the world is Walukuba Uganda?

November 15 2010 Week 16

(This is what came with the above picture.)
new house and church building. The building is so nice!Also first baptism in the area, we have another next week.

(One email in response to wikkipedia info)
I am in Walukuba, there are elders in all the areas you listed, and we all travel to email at the same small place about 30 min ride away. I am really out in the bush haha the chapel is one of the nicest in the mission though, becasue the land is so cheap, the branch is super strong as well!! Love you!

( This information I got from wikkipedia and I included it in one of the emails I sent last week. This is part of what Jinja lies in southeastern Uganda, approximately 54 miles (87 km), by road, east of Kampala, the capital.[1] The city is located on the shores of Lake Victoria, near to the source of the Nile River. Jinja is the largest metropolitan area in Jinja District, and is considered the capital of the Kingdom of Busoga.
Nearby towns and villages include
Njeru (1.9 nmi/3.5 km; 2.2 mi), Buwenda (2.8 nmi/5.2 km; 3.2 mi), Kimaka (2.8 nmi/5.2 km; 3.2 mi), Mpumudde (2.6 nmi/4.8 km; 3.0 mi), Masese (2.3 nmi/4.3 km; 2.6 mi), Walukuba (2.4 nmi/4.4 km; 2.8 mi) and Bugungu (1.5 nmi/2.8 km; 1.7 mi))

(Next email. sooooo short....oh well, at least I know he is alive!)
Sorry the power went out, I was not able to email. it is really bush out here, very village, we have to ride a bike for about 30 min. The power has gone off three times so I dont know when it will go off next, ill have to keep this short, sorry!! Love you! We are having a really good time, we had a baptism on Sunday, and another one on the way! I really want to write more but the internet is really slow. Ill write alot more next week, ill try and send pics too. Sorry mom :( I miss all you guys! I love you, I got to run. I promise next week will be long! I am just getting use to the area :) We are going to a better email place next week. Dont worry im alive and well!

Love you all!Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment