blog template

Monday, November 29, 2010

Walukuba

Downtown Walukuba...... :)
Pink Chicken?????
"The ants go marching 8 by 8 hurrah hurrah"
Loves playing basket ball!!!

Ready.... set.... go!
So far so good......wheee!!! this is fun!!!! End of the ride.... silly boys!


November 29, 2010
Dear Everyone, Well! It sounds like you guys had a pretty sweet Thanksgiving! I am really sad I missed it! I was thinking about it all week! I would of told those guys to leave, seriously, I have become pretty bold out here on mission and I would of told them to leave haha ;) Anyways, I really miss you guys! I got Grandma's Package today! Thanks so much! I am so glad to hear that you got mine! I was really nervous about it! They go through all the Packages, but not the envelopes, but nothing was missing or anything :)
Anyways Time to answer all the questions! (My questions are in parentheses)

(Who was the baptism picture you sent last week?)
The baptism was of sister Maureen, she is a student and we baptised her right when we got here, we have one this week and 2 more next week. We are finally getting our feet under us from whitewashing, it has taken some time.

(What kind of bug was that?)
Anyways, the green bugs are grasshoppers, and guess what.... they are a delicacy here!! Yes I have eaten them! They pull off the wings and legs and fry them, they are not bad, they taste a little like potato chips!! :)

(What was the graduation picture all about?)
The graduation pic was a party we went to, it was so cool! They have so much culture here!

(Do you wear your name tags on P-Day?)
On P-day we wear our proselyting clothes all day, unless we are playing a sport or service or something. It stinks haha :P

(Is your companion a native from Africa?)
My comp is from Zimbabwe and knows how to do missionary work very well, but only when he chooses haha.

(So how is Walukuba compared to Makindye? What is the same? What is different?)
Walukuba is completely different, all the areas here have different challenges. Here we are in the village so people are always home, but they go to the capital to go to school and so they are gone half the year. This makes it hard to keep track of them. Once they get a job, they move away from Walukuba. It is a very different place, but it is alot more quiet and tranquil, which I like :)

Well this week was good, we worked very hard and set more baptism dates, we will start to see the fruits of our labors soon! I am so happy to be here! The time is going by fast and I cant wait to see you all again soon! I wish you all the best! Remember, the obedient are always happy!
Elder Kendall
PS- my comp is teaching me how to cook and I'm getting pretty good!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Another great week and another week of great pictures!! And Karen, I can't believe he doesn't know how to cook! It will be fun for him to cook grasshoppers for you when he gets home :)

    ReplyDelete