blog template

Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 37 Surprise Surprise!!!! :)

For P-Day today they were able to go to a zoo.

He got to actually pet the monkey.

Must be a pretty big zoo that they need golf carts to get around....
More zoo pics to come next week. He ran out of time.....
Baptism from last week. We should be so grateful for our beautiful clean buildings that we are able to be baptised in.
Sister missionaries...

The whole group


Elder Cooley being Steve Urkel Brad's comp just relaxin....
A bat they found in their bath tub....how SICK!~!!!!!

More views of Kampala

how sad seeing all the trash everywhere.... we are so blessed!

His watch broke and so his tan line got a sunburn...
We got a huge, fun, fantastic, exciting surprise this morning! I was getting onto my email this morning as usual checking for news from our missionary and I notice in the contacts (who are online) that "Bud" was on! I am thinking... NO... it can't REALLY be him!!! So I sent an IM off saying "is this really you? are you really on?!!!!" as I am waiting for a reply I am thinking to myself, do I know anyone else who is "bud"? then I get a message with a smiley face that said "Hi mom!" Oh my word!!!! I screamed to the rest of the family, "Brad's on the computer RIGHT NOW!!!!" of coarse they all came running. We got to IM back and forth for a little bit. It was SOOOOOOOO GREAT! We asked him a few questions back and forth. This is some of the info we got from the IM ing.....He said that they only have bikes in Walukuba (which he got to ride for about a week before he was transferred) but not in the city because the missionaries would get hit by taxi's and buses so it would be WAY too dangerous for them. He got all his pants and his suit tailored so now they fit him better. His teaching pool is pretty small because he and his comp are so busy doing Zone leader stuff like baptism interviews and checking on their districts and trainings and such. He loves his mission so much and can't believe how fast the time is flying by. He wants it to slow down, so much to do , so little time.....


I finally asked if we were taking up anyone elses emailing time and if he needed to get off. He said that he hadn't emailed us yet and he was just sending his pics thru yahoo cause it was faster that myldsmail.... so he needed to finish up. They were later emailing today because they had gone to the zoo and they were still an hour away from their home. So reluctantly I told him goodbye and how much we loved him and then forced myself to get off the computer so I wouldn't be tempted to keep talking to him. ahhh, that was a great tender mercy. Being a missionary mom is amazing!!! I wouldn't want him to be any other place than right where he is doing exactly what he is doing! Anyway.... on to his letter.....


April 11, 2011


Dear Mom,


The guy from the embassy was really young and they are expecting so his wife went back to the US early to prepare for the baby :)


I am doing very important work here and am not getting distracted!!


It sounds like the girls had a great week! I did too! I was running everywhere this week. We had baptism interviews in Mengo and Nsambya, we also went on exchanges, and went to the branch in Mengo to see how it was functioning! So much to do in so little amount of time! I seriously have no time to do anything, or think about anyone! I get home at night, take reports from every district, and report to the AP's then go straight to bed, which is usually around 11pm haha ya, life as a zone leader in Uganda haha


We have Zone LEaders Council tomorrow where all the zone leaders in the mission come and talk about their zones and how we can all improve in the mission, there are about 14 zone leaders I think... ya 14 haha


We are not going to open Rwanda anytime soon because there are too many signatures that we have not gotten from the government, but we are really hoping to open Sudan soon, and I am praying that I am going to go there!! It would be so cool!! :)


Well there is not alot to report! I really am just working like a dog here, learning more and more about myself and about life :) It is really a super cool thing, something that could not have happened any other way!!


Sorry it is short mom, but at least we got to IM for a short time!!


i LOVE YOU!!!


Elder Brad Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment