blog template

Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 38... Conference!!

Elders at the zoo zoo landscape pic....
He thought he sent more pics but there wasn't an attachment with his pic email so more zoo pics next week I think and also of Cathy's baptism.



April 18, 2011


Dear Mom,


This week has literally flown by! It is ridiculous! I feels like I was just talking to you.... weird! and I am hitting my 9 month mark this week :) we have transfers on Saturday, but I know I am staying, I just got here and Zone Leaders usually stay in areas about 3 transfers :)


SO! I am so glad that you give me the update on everyone in the family, it is nice to always feel like I know what is going on, so thank you! It sounds like everyone is doing well and figuring out alot of things :)Ok so here comes my report for the week! So Monday as you know,we went to the Zoo and I sent you guys some more pics today :)


Tuesday we had Zone Leaders Council with the Assistants and President Jackson, it lasted all day haha we showed up for breakfast and had a break for lunch. We ate dinner then returned to our areas. We talked about alot of things that are going on in the mission and how we can better reach our potential as missionaries of the Lord. We went over some training on how to better lead our Zones as well, which was really helpful as I am the newest zone leader haha Our Zone is doing the best in the Kampala area though, and we are third in the mission in baptisms, so our missionaries know what they are doing and they are working hard. I have been blessed to be leading a good zone with great missionaries.


Wednesday was the only day that we worked in our area, and we got alot of work done! We followed up with alot of good contacts we had and set a few baptism dates! One of them is named Judith, she is a student and super smart, we are excited to continue to meet with her. We also met with Cathy, who was baptized on Sunday :)


Then on Thursday, we had our Zone Development Meeting. We hold one of these every transfer to instruct and train the missionaries on how we can become better, and to convey information from the AP's to the missionaries. Right after the meeting, we were put in lock down again, I guess because the opposition party here was marching again, no big deal. We were told to go home and stay inside all day, I hate it when they tell us to do that! The price of stuff is going up here and people are getting mad, because the government spent too much on elections, so they say its their fault. So ya, fun stuff!


Friday we were in Mengo, doing baptism interviews for those companionship, and we also had weekly planning.


Then Saturday we watched conference!! YES!! I loved every min of it!! I was so glad we finally got to watch it! They talked so much on families and charity! So good! Anyways, we went to Makindye (My first area) after conference to do baptism interviews there, we got home late, and I was so tired! We ran around all week! AH!!


Sunday we baptized Cathy, or actually, her brother did, which was special :) We watched the rest of conference on Sunday, then had the baptism in-between sessions, so good! We then went and taught a family before we went home, it was such a good ending to the week. They family we taught we followed up with from a earlier contact, they thought we would not come back, boy were they wrong!! We taught them and they loved the message of the restoration! We are going back tomorrow :) So ya, that was my week, full of meetings, interviews and traveling! It was so exhausting! I think I am going to take a nap today... ;)


So on Thursday we are having a 70 come and talk to us!! Elder Watson! We are also having Stake conference this Saturday and Sunday, so he is going to talk to the whole stake as well. We get our own meeting with him on Thursday though, which is going to be awesome!! I am so excited! :) Well, that's all I can think of to write, my hands really hurt now, that was a long email!! You better like it mom!!


haha I love you all and cant wait to talk to you again soon! One month!! ;)


Love you!!


Elder Kendall


(These are his thoughts on conference....)

Kent F Richards

Pain is the gauge of the healing process, and always includes patience!


Quentin L Cook

LDS women are Incredible! ( I totally agree!)


Henry B Eyring

I love this work, AND IT IS WORK!!


Russell M Nelson

The Future is as bright as your FAITH


Richard J Maynes

Celestial traditions in the home! Homes are like Heaven on earth


Dallin H Oaks--- BEST TALK EVER!!

Desire dictates priorities, priorities shape choices, choices control our actions!!


Deiter F Uchdorf

Let us be the ones the Lord can rely on


Paul V Johnson---- SECOND BEST!!

The only way to see the view, is to make the climb! Trials precede blessings! Trials may seem laser-guided to our weaknesses, to strengthen and purify us!


President Thomas S Monson

Temples!!!!


Richard G Scott--- MOST TRUNKY TALK EVER!!!

Family!


D Todd Christofferson

"Thank you for loving me enough to cut me down" We should become self-correcting


Lynn G Robbins

What we are leads to what we will accomplish.


Jeffery R Holland

Conference is a wonderful orchestra of heaven inspired guidance.


(I think this is interesting to have his thoughts for his "missionary" perspective.)

No comments:

Post a Comment