Dear Mother,
My week was PACKED! I was not in my area for most of the week, it was a little depressing! Being a Zone Leader is so much responsibility! It is ridiculous! I don't like it.... :P hahaha The Lord blesses those who serve though, that's what I hold on to haha So the Elders in my house are Elder Cooley, he has been out six months from American Fork Utah. He is training Elder Moll from South Africa. My comps name is Elder Ouma from Kenya, he is going home in August. He is basically my Zone Leader trainer, showing me all the stuff that we do and such. He is a awesome guy, i am learning so much from him! We get to teach alot, but not as much as usual, we are responsible for all the other areas, so we are out of our area alot doing interviews for baptisms, training meetings, all that jazz, it is quite exhausting!!
I get to watch conference in two weeks, and I am really looking forward to it! I can print off the talks so don't worry about sending any, plus the mission gives us the conference edition of the Liahona, but its one per house, so sometimes it is in high demand at home hahaa :) I love the talks you sent me though, I am going to look them up and read the whole talks, I have grown to love conference! I also am tearing through the BoM! I thought that I knew it before mission, but really I did not know a thing!! So much to study and learn!!
So this week was good, I went back to Makindye again to help the Elders out there to find some members and such. When I served there, it was only Elder Rennie and I, but since then they put another 2 missionaries there. They whitewashed the side near the church, so they don't know where anyone stays. Good thing I am close huh?? ;) I think that is one reason I was called back to this Zone, I know the areas and can really help the missionaries out alot. So I spent Friday/Saturday there. On Thursday we had trainings in the mission home, which is about 10 miles away, but we have to walk half the way so it takes about an hour to get there. It was a great meeting and took up most the day. Wednesday we were on exchanges with the district leader here in Nsambya, Elder Cooley. So we really only taught in our area on Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday evening. This week is going to be the same, we have more interviews this week, a district leaders council we have to conduct on Wednesday, and exchanges on Wednesday to Thursday. Life of a Zone Leader! But we should have two baptisms this week as well, so much work! Ah! Busy busy busy! It is good for me though :)
So, cool story, ready!? We live right by the US embassy in Nsambya, it is a really nice part if town. ( Very safe too mom, so don't worry :) Anyways, a member of the bishopric is an American who works at the Embassy. He is finishing up his work here next month, he has been here for two years. SO he invites us over to diner last night!! So cool! His house was so nice! He made us Chili! Oh man was I happy! Then we had brownies and a root beer float! Actual A&W root beer!! I was in heaven. I guess they have awesome stuff in the embassy! SO he was about to drive us home, and starts putting all this Mac and Cheese in his car. I was like, what is that for? He said it was ours!! He is moving back to the US and is not taking all this food! So we scored BIG TIME!! We have mac and cheese, root beer, cereal! Oh man, so good! I am going to have an awesome week!! :P I am crazy I know :)
Well, that's about it! I am almost 9 months! And we are half way done with this transfer! Time flies when you are having fun!!
Love you all and miss you so much!!
Love Elder Bradford Buddy Spencer Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment