Some pics of Brad's new apartment.
He and his companion live there with another set of missionaries
Nice diggs elders!!!
clean and tidy....nice
comfy couch...
clean kitchen very good... notice the filter system for their water sitting on the counter
flushing toilet good good...
mosquito netting is a must!
Notice the glass on top of this wall... i think to keep intruders out.
Baptism this week.. Brad with his companion Elder Ouma and Herzon who was baptized by a ward member. (Herzon is standing next to Brad)
Baptismal Font
March 28, 2011
Dear Mother,
Being a Zone Leader is one of the hardest things I have done on my mission. We are the examples to our Zone, so we have to work hard to have a strong area. We also have to do everything else that is required, it is rather exhausting. For example, last night I was taking monthly reports from all the districts, then report them to the AP's. I went to sleep at midnight. I am so tired this morning. It brings such a sweet satisfaction though, we do all we can, then see the Lord take it from there. I have not talked to Elder Rennie yet, the AP's trade off weeks taking reports, so this week ill get to talk to him :) I did get to visit Makindye area this week, it was exactly what I needed too. I went and saw all my recent converts, the members, and helped show the missionaries there some good areas to tract and work. It was a blessing that highlighted my week for sure.
I am so excited for Keith! That is going to be so awesome to go to Argentina! I am excited to talk to him and see how it is! I wont see him for 3 years though, which is a real bummer, but ill be there to welcome him home!! :) (I asked about all his buddies on missions and how they are.)Everyone else is doing well, we are all amazed at how fast time flies!! haha
(I asked if he was surprised at how much chocolate we fit into his package) Ya, you guys fit so much chocolate in there I was so happy! I was literally jumping for joy! I am losing my sweet tooth... which is a good thing I guess haha I don't know how much weight I have lost... enough to raise my pants up about an inch, and bring my shirts and suit in an inch as well.... hahaha (In fact he purposefully tried to gain some weight before he left because he had heard guys lost a bunch when they got there.) But I am healthy don't worry, I was not in shape when I left haha
Nsambya is very close to Makindye, we can walk there rather easily. We are right outside the capital city, so really close to town, that's how I can get my stuff tailored, we are not in the bush anymore haha :) I hate the city though, we have to dodge cars and bikes, all the exhaust, it is not the same as the village. I like Jinja better :) The people here are awesome though! The ward members work so well with the missionaries!! It is weird living in a house with 4 missionaries too, this is the first time. All the other places have been only my and my comp haha.
So we spend alot of time in other areas, helping them, running errands, picking stuff up, doing interviews, but we also get some time in our area which is nice. We actually had a baptism Sunday, I only taught Herzon for 2 weeks, but he is a powerful guy! He loves to learn and can memorize things like crazy! He sometimes quotes back to us conversations we had with him!! Crazy!!
( I asked him to tell more about the mud hut pics from last week.. Who they built it for and such.)
Building that house was one of my highlights on mission so far. We built it for that member in Yellow shirt yes. He is going on mission, and he needed to finish it for his mom before he left, so I organized with him and got the whole zone there to help him out :) (how well do the mud houses hold up? due to rain and such?) They don't hold up at all, but that's all that they have there, so that's what they use, they have to re-plaster the outside all the time, its long lasting at all. They mix mud, water, and..... cow dung, and it lasts a little longer haha The inside is all plastered with cow dung, how would you like that for wallpaper?? :P hahaha
I cant wait to come home and hang out with you guys!! Love you so much!! Keep on praying for me!!
Elder Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment