blog template

Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 34 Nsambya

The following pictures are from his last week in Walukuba.
This is the baptism of two young men whom Brad was able to baptize before he left.
"They are going to be great priesthood holders!! They are so awesome!"





Saying goodbye to the single adults in Walukuba... he made some great friends!



Building a mud hut for a family in Walukuba....a district activity Go team!

in the mud pit.... making mud.

go AZ boys!!
tromp tromp tromp...

wow! that's deep!

keep tromping elders!

I think this is that man that they were building it for. many hands make light work!


ouch!!!
boys will be boys......Nice work elders!! The whole district
Finished product..
LOVE this picture! It shows how much the children love the missionaries and how much the missionaries love them.!!
March 21, 2011
Dear Mom,
I got the Package!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! The chocolate is PERFECT! I don't think I could have asked for a better package, at all!! Everything in there was absolutely perfect! Especially the Monopoly cards!! Mom you are truly an inspired person!! :) I definitely needed it this week! It has been a week of growing pains for me! My new house, new responsibilities, new companion, and new area! Wow, so much has changed!! I will send some pics next week of my new house and new area, all the pics you are getting this week are from Walukuba haha :)
Ok, so here is an update of my new area, house, comp, ect. So last Monday they picked me up late from Walukuba and dropped me off in Nsambya, so that's why I did not have alot of time to email. Anyways, the house is super nice, but the previous missionaries ruined so many things! Maybe I have been in Uganda too long, but I think the house is nice.... to Uganda standards.... But in the US it would be a normal small, tiny house, not nice haha. But It has tile! Which is very very nice here in Uganda haha Anyways, they previous missionaries ruined the crock pot and microwave, so I was rather upset about that. This would of been the first microwave I have had on mission haha But being a ZL and all, I have a little influence, so I called the mission office and am trying to get new ones haha My comp is super cool! He is from Kenya, Elder Ouma. He has been out 18 months and is very experienced. We are both ZL together, so he is training me in our new responsibilities and such. There is always a companionship that are the Zone Leaders in an area. But in a district, there is only one missionary who is the district leader. So in our Zone we have three districts, and 14 total missionaries. I have to collect reports from each district every night and report them to the Assistants to the president. Anyways, I am near Makindye, my first area, so I am going to visit there someday this week. We have to go and train all the missionaries in the Zone so I will be visiting that district this week :) I go to Nsambya Ward, and we have four missionaries in the ward, because as ZL's we don't do a lot of the missionary work like a regular missionary, so we have to have another set of missionaries.
Ok, so now my new responsibilities. As ZL, we are responsibility for all the districts in our zone, as well as each individual missionary. It is a very large responsibility. Ever night we collect reports from the days activities from each district leader, and write it all down and report to the AP's. Every transfer we also have to go have a meeting with each district, go on exchanges with each district leader, and attend each ward or branch in our Zone. We also hold a Zone Development meeting once a month and train and set zone goals. We also track the progress of each district and help the district leaders further strengthen their districts. We also attend a Zone Leaders Council, where all the ZL's from the mission come and discuss about the mission as a whole and see where we can all improve. There is seriously so much to do, its crazy. I was stressing out this week, but now am doing better, I am adjusting to all the craziness haha I am excited to serve all the missionaries in the Zone though, we are going to be able to do great things!!
Well it sounds like the family is doing well! The girls are staying busy, going to school, earning money, having fun. That is good. I am so excited for Keith! (Keith is Brad's cousin who is expecting his mission call this week.) Where ever he goes, help him know it is directly from the Lord. I am excited to come home and spend more time with everyone, I really wish we would of moved to Utah before I left!! haha :
Well, that is all for my report! I am so thankful to be a member of our awesome family! We are going to have a blast when I come home!! :P 16 months!! Time is flying!! ;)
Love you all so much!!
Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment