Elder Rennie trained Brad who trained Elder Nxumalo who is training Elder Steward
July 11, 2011
Dear Mom (and everybody) haha
It really does not feel any different, not going to lie! But it does feel really weird when I tell people I have been here for almost a year now! That is what does not seem real to me haha I feel like I just got here and I still have so much more to learn! Its crazy! And... yes Mom I did get my package!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Everything in there was perfect! No I did not wait till my birthday sorry! I cant do that! I only receive these things very rarely!! haha Oh ya, can you send a little contact solution? I forgot to tell you, I just noticed. I have some, but will be out soon. NO one here even knows what contacts are, I asked alot of people already haha This week was super busy, but Super good! Elder Rennie and I worked together last Saturday, it was a really good time, I wish I could be companions with him again, it would really be a blast! haha He is such a powerful guy, I think we will stay close even when we get home!! :)
Well, it sounds like everyone had a good week! I am really sad I missed out on the fireworks and sending Keith off! I wish I could have been there! I really would have loved it... But its ok! I am here where the Lord needs me!! haha I cant wait to write Keith and see how he is loving his mission! I wont see him for three years :( Anyways, my week was as busy and tiring as I thought it would be!! haha Ill start from the top!!
Monday- was the 4th of July Barbecue, super cool!!
Tuesday- We travelled to Kampala in the morning. It is about a two hour drive, depending on the traffic, we left early so that we would miss all the traffic. We ran into some right when we got into town so we did not get there till about 10am. Elder Chiromo had a tooth appointment, so we had to go and wait for that, which took four hours and turned into a root canal!! Yup, he was in some pain! I feel really bad for him. We have to go back next week for them to finish up, but we will be there anyways to help with transfers haha so ya, that was our Tuesday, fun fun!! haha
Wednesday- We slept at the AP's house with all the other Zone Leaders that came into town for the meetings. There were about 10 of us there, so it was pretty fun!! haha You know, alot of young men together, missionaries or not!! haha We played ALOT of monopoly deal hahah EVERYONE in the mission knows I have it and we all LOVE it!! hahaha So thanks mom!! :) But ya Wednesday we had our Zone Leaders Council, where we talked alot about the mission, which direction we are heading and what we can do to further the work in each zone in the mission. It was a really good meeting and we really learned alot from it! We are trying also to focus more on our missionaries as individuals, helping them progress and to become missionaries and leaders.
Thursday- Was our mission conference! We had over 100 missionaries there! It was such a blast!! We received some instruction from the AP's and President Jackson in the morning, then we had lunch, which was hamburgers and hot dogs, then we had some workshops, that us Zone Leaders lead. Elder Chiromo and I instructed on how we can become converted to our purpose as missionaries, and to BECOME true missionaries, not just come on our mission. I really learned alot from studying and presenting that topic. We had siz different classes, and in each class, the discussion took an different route. It is really cool how the Spirit directs us to the individual needs of missionaries, districts and Zones, I really enjoyed seeing that in action!
Friday- We woke up early and headed to the mission office and created Njeru Branch on the MLS church system. The branch was created physically about 6 weeks ago, and now it is official in the church system! We had to go through and move all peoples' records over, it was really time consuming!! But it is all done now!! :) We then picked up some supplies for our missionaries (Mail, Pamphlets, ect) and headed back to Jinja. We had about 6 interviews to do, so we went straight to those. It was a really long day, and we rested really well that night haha
Saturday- We went on splits with the branch missionaries all day, so that we could go and see all the people that we did not get to see all week! We also had three of our baptism dates interviewed as well, and they all passed!! :D We saw all our baptism dates and were able to set up another marriage date!!! Yeah!! I love my mission here in Uganda!! Everything is so awesome! the Lord really blesses those who do his work faithfully! If we would have been wasting time in Kampala, not coming home right as soon as we could, the Lord would not have blessed us with everything working out, even though we were gone all week! I love it! Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven!! :D
Sunday- GREAT day! We had anther 75 at church, with 15 investigators! 10 of our baptism dates showed up, and we are so excited that they are all progressing so well! I love this work! We baptized most if the family this week, we just need to work on the Mom, but the Dad has passed, so we really need to get the mom and younger Sister, but it was so good to see them there all together!! :) They have not missed one Sunday since we started teaching them!! :D I love being here more than anything, especially seeing families being brought into the gospel, it is one of the greatest blessings I have received here on my mission! :D
Well, that was my week! I did not condense too many things mom so don't worry! I cant wait to just give you my journal and you can read EVERYTHING about my mission haha :P I am so glad that I am stuck with you guys forever!! It is so awesome to think that we will be together forever! Keep strong and I will talk to you next week!! Love you!!
Elder Brad Kendall :)
No comments:
Post a Comment