blog template

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Internet back up and running!

September 27, 2011

Dear Mom,
 
Sorry, the email place was really bad yesterday, the power went off, then the Internet shut down, so we get to email a little this morning! I don't have alot of time though, so this might be a little short, But is sent pics!!! So be happy! :P Your emails are so long, I feel really bad when I write short ones... but things seem to be the same over and over again!! Anyways, here was my week!!

It was a really busy week doing zone things, we had exchanges with the Meganagna district on Wednesday and Thursday, then on Friday, our car died, so we had to find a replacement, and we are getting it tomorrow. It is just a rental because we have not found a car to buy yet! We have to get authorization from the office in South Africa. We then had baptism interviews all Saturday, and Sunday was church and then we had a few appointments with some recent converts who I had not met yet. So that was my whole week in a nutshell! But don't worry, I have some high lights to share!!

Tuesday, was a full day of work pretty much and we followed up with one of our investigators who we gave a bap date to last week. We met him at the church and taught him about the BoM and he was so willing to accept and pray about it! Then he wanted to take us to his house! So we boarded some taxis (we cant drive investigators in the car, its a rule) and we went a LONG way to his house haha But we got there, and we met his two little girls who are so cute, and his wife. They live in really humble circumstances, like in Uganda, so it is really humbling. I love the family already!!

The second was an interview that I did on Saturday. These three kids were being adopted by some people in Utah, and they wanted the kids to be baptized here before they went to Utah. We got the clearance from the office, and we interviewed them. I was able to share my adoption story with the young man that I interviewed, it was really a great experience!! He really loved my story! I shared about the temple and everything! I really enjoyed that experience! :) I love mission!!

Well, this week we have President Jackson coming from Uganda to train us with the AP's so I will get to see Elder Rennie again!! I really enjoy serving with him!! But we have two day training this week, along with district conference, so it is going to be a really busy week, organizing missionaries, picking people up from the airport, ect!!
 
Pray for us!! Love you all!!

Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment