blog template

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 59 questions answered....

September 13, 2011

So here is the list of questions I asked him in my email (in blue) and then his answers....

Dear Mom,
1. ok, not a question but a comment.... DON'T BE FALLING IN LOVE WITH ONE OF THOSE BEAUTIES! :D ha ha
1. I will never fall in love with one of them!! PLEASE! jeez...
2. Do you get to drive or do you just use the public transportation?
2.We have a Ford Everest.... :D
3. Did you clean the apartment really good yet? and are there fleas in the beds? ewwwww!!!! Do they not have anything like flea collars there? I will surly send some but if you can buy them there that would be way faster and get rid of them quicker!!
3.Yes we cleaned really well, don't worry!! :D But send them anyways haha
4. So the weather is way colder? Do you have enough warm clothing and blankets to keep you warm?
4.Yes it is way colder, I have enough blankets, but could you send some PJ pants? And a long sleeve shirt?
5. Do you have a crock pot and microwave to do cooking?
5.Yes... we have both... but they are both broken haha
6. Do you share your apartment with any other elders?
6.No we don't, we have our own house.... :D its only like 150 bucks a month haha
7. How far away from you are all the other elders?
7.We are about a hour and a half from the farthest elders, and 30 min from the closest elders. about thirty min from the church and our office :)
8. How is the food different? More spicy? just different kinds?
8.They have alot of American food, and it is CHEAP. But the local food is called Enjera, i told you about it a long time ago when I had it in Uganda it is really good, except when you get the goat intestines with brain like I did yesterday..... yummy!! hahaha
9. What kind of sick did you get when you got there? Cold or stomach stuff or what?
9.Just stomach stuff with a fever, I was talking like crazy in my sleep like i usualy do when I am sick haha But the mission has some hard core drugs and it took care of me :)
10. Are the people there as interested in listening to you about the church as they were in Uganda?
10. No they are not really as interested initially, but when someone investigates, they are usually more serious than people in Uganda.
11. Are the people more well off there? Are there alot of poor and starving or not so much.
11. There are a ton of poor and starving, probably about the same as Uganda, but not as bad...not sure actually, I am in the city right now haha
12. Does the power go off as much there?
12. Yes power goes off alot, we have nt had power for three days now... yay!!
13. Is it pretty citized?
13. Citizied?? Not really haha, still people herding their sheep through the middle of intersections hahaha
14. Did you take Elder Scoresby's place? His mom was on the missionary mom site and he just got home.
14. Yes I did, he was a great missionary!
15. So the new address??? is it at a mission home there or at your apartment and why does the mail get to you so much faster there?
15. We have our own PO box, and the mail system here is SUPER good!! Things will get here in two weeks!! And we dont pay! :) here is the address
Elder Brad Kendall
P.O. Box 25876
Code 1000
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
(feel free to write real letters to him now.  He would love that!!)

ha ha are you sick of answering questions yet? I have another one you need to ponder. On the missionary mom site, the lady who is over it sent out a message telling us that they have been having a problem in the Georgia mission of anti Mormon people going to recent converts and feeding them alot of anti stuff. They would get people's names from lots of different sources and one was blogs and facebook that moms were keeping for their sons. There was a letter from the mission president saying that Elder Gomez counseled them to either make the blogs private so only invited people could view them or just omit any names of people who were baptized and also not name any companions and such. So what do you want me to do about your facebook and blog? If we make it private, I would put a message on it and have those who check it send me an email so that I can invite them. So what are your thoughts on this?
16. YES!!  (he is sick of answering questions)
the same thing happened here, make sure that everything is confidential!! I know nothing goes up on facebook with names, but my blog is safe, don't worry, just don't put anything that would seem confidential. Thanks!! :D

Ok, so this week was really busy getting everyone settled in their new areas and everything. We had to go and get my Ethiopian drivers license and it took two days!! I thought the DMV in the States was bad!! Holy Cow! But we got that all figured out and now I am legal to drive! This week we are having a newly called General Authority come and speak to us! We have to get all the missionaries together and organized, pick President up from the airport, all that good stuff, so that is our project for this week. All the Elders even from the areas down south are coming. Its about a 4 hour drive from their area, so they are all staying at our house. WE then have exchanges on Thursday and Friday, then on Friday afternoon, the greenies will be coming from Uganda. I guess the visa guy was on vacation so they have had to stay in Uganda for 2 weeks, till they could get their Ethiopia visa processed... Man mission is so crazy sometimes.... There is so much that goes on behind the scenes!!!

But I am doing well, everything is good and I am looking forward to Christmas in Ethiopia!! It is going to be fun! I don't know how long I am going to be up here, it could be till the end of my mission, who knows!! Only the Lord!! I am excited to be on mission, as usual! I am going to try to write more letters since the mail here is so awesome haha I got your letter this week too by the way!! Thank you so much! It was sent here from Uganda haha I love you all so much!! Keep strong in the faith, and Remember always!!

Love
Elder Brad Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment