Dear Mother and All!!
Yes, my package was AWESOME! I got everything and it was all good! Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it! I know I should not wear it, we went over that before I came out on my mission, about 15 months ago.... :) ( the flea collars we sent) I don't need anymore clothes, I am good, everything is perfect, the weather is actually warming up a bit, it reminds me of flagstaff alot, it is actually pretty much the same, altitude, weather and all. There are alot of pine trees, and the breeze is so nice! I am loving it :) I don't have to pay to get letters now, so don't worry :)
Yes! I do know those Elders! I am Zone Leader over all of them!! haha Elder Lee is a really good missionary, and Elder Hortsman is coming up this Friday, because it is transfers! He was suppose to come up last transfer, but we could not get his Visa stuff figured out in time, the government was being dumb. But he is coming up this week!! I have heard he is a good Elder. Tell their mom's that I will take good care of them :) They are good guys. Ask other Mom's if there sons are up here, and we can comfort them a little, not saying I am a pro, but I know the ropes haha :)
I heard about all the crazy stuff about shan's date! ( shan went on a date horse back riding and they fell off the horse and she hurt her back a bit...) That stinks, I really hope all that gets worked out and she can get back to normal, well as normal as she is hahahaha JUST KIDDING SHAN!! :P hahaha Oh, I still tell the jokes :)
That was a funny story about the apple jelly, (Spencer helped me but it made a huge mess cause it boiled over...long story but funny now) I wish I could have a pie.....(I made 14 quarts of apple pie filling last week)
I am glad Cameron and Dillon got my letters! (two of his cousins who are 13 and 12) I really enjoyed writing them, they are really fun! I am going to really try to write some more to them!
Well, my week was SUPER crazy, but cool! I am actually in Uganda right now! Can you believe it! That is why you did not get an email yesterday, sorry! We flew out of Ethiopia on Sunday, so that we could be here on Monday for a Zone Leaders Council, which took all day. We fly back to Ethiopia today right after I get done emailing!! haha It was a really cool thing to fly back here and spend a couple days here! I really felt special!! haha We needed to be at this meeting though because we needed to iron some things out with transfers and get things straight for the rest of the year. I am going to be in Ethiopia as ZL for a long time. In fact, this week we had transfers and Elder Lefevre got transferred back to Uganda, to be in my old area of Enjeru, to be with my old and favorite comp, Elder Chiromo! He was not too excited, but it is all good! My new comp is a new ZL, so I am going to be training him in the responsibilities of a ZL. He is from Kenya, and is a super cool guy! I am really excited to be working with him! I really like him, I was his ZL in Jinja, so I know him alot already. We spent most of this week preparing for transfers. We sent 4 Elders back down to Uganda, so we had to get their exit papers and everything. The Senior couple, the Parrish's, had to travel to Djibouti this weekend, so we were all alone to get all this stuff figured out! We were going crazy! we had to get everyone from their areas, bring them to our house, pack everything up, get all the tickets and Visa's ready, and have one of the members drive us to the airport! Earlier this week we also sent off two local missionaries, which was really cool, we were able to help them buy their clothes, and to take them to the airport, it was really fun!
Even though we were so busy, our zone managed to have eight baptisms this week! We also had one, of brother Getachew! He is so awesome, and we are going to start working on his family!! I love missionary work! I kind of miss being a regular missionary.....
Well, sorry this is short, and no pics, but I am not really at home!! hahaha I really miss Uganda though, I truly love these people and this country!!
You should work on my transcripts for me if you could, then I will fill in all the stuff you can't :) THANKS!! :) (Geting ready to apply to BYU for when he gets back home..)
I listen to conference in two weeks!
Love you!!
Elder Kendall
Yes, my package was AWESOME! I got everything and it was all good! Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it! I know I should not wear it, we went over that before I came out on my mission, about 15 months ago.... :) ( the flea collars we sent) I don't need anymore clothes, I am good, everything is perfect, the weather is actually warming up a bit, it reminds me of flagstaff alot, it is actually pretty much the same, altitude, weather and all. There are alot of pine trees, and the breeze is so nice! I am loving it :) I don't have to pay to get letters now, so don't worry :)
Yes! I do know those Elders! I am Zone Leader over all of them!! haha Elder Lee is a really good missionary, and Elder Hortsman is coming up this Friday, because it is transfers! He was suppose to come up last transfer, but we could not get his Visa stuff figured out in time, the government was being dumb. But he is coming up this week!! I have heard he is a good Elder. Tell their mom's that I will take good care of them :) They are good guys. Ask other Mom's if there sons are up here, and we can comfort them a little, not saying I am a pro, but I know the ropes haha :)
I heard about all the crazy stuff about shan's date! ( shan went on a date horse back riding and they fell off the horse and she hurt her back a bit...) That stinks, I really hope all that gets worked out and she can get back to normal, well as normal as she is hahahaha JUST KIDDING SHAN!! :P hahaha Oh, I still tell the jokes :)
That was a funny story about the apple jelly, (Spencer helped me but it made a huge mess cause it boiled over...long story but funny now) I wish I could have a pie.....(I made 14 quarts of apple pie filling last week)
I am glad Cameron and Dillon got my letters! (two of his cousins who are 13 and 12) I really enjoyed writing them, they are really fun! I am going to really try to write some more to them!
Well, my week was SUPER crazy, but cool! I am actually in Uganda right now! Can you believe it! That is why you did not get an email yesterday, sorry! We flew out of Ethiopia on Sunday, so that we could be here on Monday for a Zone Leaders Council, which took all day. We fly back to Ethiopia today right after I get done emailing!! haha It was a really cool thing to fly back here and spend a couple days here! I really felt special!! haha We needed to be at this meeting though because we needed to iron some things out with transfers and get things straight for the rest of the year. I am going to be in Ethiopia as ZL for a long time. In fact, this week we had transfers and Elder Lefevre got transferred back to Uganda, to be in my old area of Enjeru, to be with my old and favorite comp, Elder Chiromo! He was not too excited, but it is all good! My new comp is a new ZL, so I am going to be training him in the responsibilities of a ZL. He is from Kenya, and is a super cool guy! I am really excited to be working with him! I really like him, I was his ZL in Jinja, so I know him alot already. We spent most of this week preparing for transfers. We sent 4 Elders back down to Uganda, so we had to get their exit papers and everything. The Senior couple, the Parrish's, had to travel to Djibouti this weekend, so we were all alone to get all this stuff figured out! We were going crazy! we had to get everyone from their areas, bring them to our house, pack everything up, get all the tickets and Visa's ready, and have one of the members drive us to the airport! Earlier this week we also sent off two local missionaries, which was really cool, we were able to help them buy their clothes, and to take them to the airport, it was really fun!
Even though we were so busy, our zone managed to have eight baptisms this week! We also had one, of brother Getachew! He is so awesome, and we are going to start working on his family!! I love missionary work! I kind of miss being a regular missionary.....
Well, sorry this is short, and no pics, but I am not really at home!! hahaha I really miss Uganda though, I truly love these people and this country!!
You should work on my transcripts for me if you could, then I will fill in all the stuff you can't :) THANKS!! :) (Geting ready to apply to BYU for when he gets back home..)
I listen to conference in two weeks!
Love you!!
Elder Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment