blog template

Monday, October 31, 2011

Week 66

October 31, 2011
Dearest Mother,

My week was good! Yes the money was there! (put money in his account because a couple who are serving there  from Vernal are leaving from Ethiopia today to come home....) I got you some cool stuff! Even some things for the wall! ;) I took a local with me so I would not get ripped off too haha :) The couple wont be getting home till about Dec. 22, so it will be a nice Christmas present for you guys! There is stuff in there for everyone, don't worry haha Dad has something cool, but small, it is a pin for his suit that is an Ethiopian Flag :) I got one for me too haha :P I got you something to hang up on my wall, you will see it when it gets there haha and a Ethiopian flag :) and I got the girls some cultural scarves and bracelets :) Dad's pin is pinned to one of then scarves haha I think you are going to like the stuff!! :D
This week was a pretty busy week as well, not going to lie! haha We had alot to do this week, and some things came up with missionaries, that i am not going to describe. But all is well in Zion once again, I keep telling myself all these things are for my good haha I will give some highlights of the week though :)
Tuesday was an ok day, we got some good lessons in the morning, and we prepared Choul for his baptism on Sunday. He is Sudanese, from the newly formed South Sudan. He is really really intelligent, and is studying to be a lawyer here! We love teaching him! We also saw Getachew, and prepared him to pass the sacrament on Sunday! He is so nervous, but excited! We are now working on his wife, but she is a little stubborn haha :)
Wednesday and Thursday we were in Debre Zeit, the farthest area from us. Since it is so far, we spend two days down there working with the missionaries, and helping them and such. We don't go there very often, so we take advantage of the time we have with them. We had a ok time down there, they have a few things to work on. But it was good! I found my new favorite food. Tibs Ferfer. SO GOOD. It is Ethiopian and i cant describe it, so ya haha It is SO GOOD. Did I say that before? haha
Friday we had alot of errands to do, a plumber had to come to a new house we rented for the elders and fix some things, as well as in our house. Then we had to drop the couples off at the airport, because there was a huge meeting in Kenya, with Elder Neilson and Rasband... I was slightly jealous i did not get to go haha HE is going to Uganda, but not Ethiopia. It stinks. We then had to conduct dome baptism interviews. SO it was a busy day!
Saturday, we had lessons all morning, then we had to move the Elders into their new house, it took a long time! All we had was a little truck, haha So that was an adventure to say the least! I think we only destroyed..... one bed... one table.... and a chair hahaha :P
Sunday was awesome! We had Getachew pass the sacrament for the first time! And we had Choul's baptism! Pics will be coming soon :) It was a great day! We also had about 4 new investigators come to church!! Sweet! So we have alot of teaching to do this week!
Well, that's about it! we are not in the mission office today, our Internet expired, so we are in a little shack haha so pics next week, as well as my BYU application :) Crazy crazy!!

For my Christmas package, I might need some new shoes.... so I think money might be the best idea... ill consider the options and get back to you... I don't know which way would be cheaper... Ill talk to some locals here and figure it out :)
 
Did you know Mike gets home in 4 MONTHS!! ...... wow, just saying! Time flies in the Lord's service!! (Mike is one of the priest from our old ward in his quorum)
 Love you!!
 
Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment