Dearest Mother!
Well, this week was interesting. Our new investigators are progressing well! We set baptism dates with all of them, and we hope to baptize them all this month! :) But yes, I am a parent most the time to the missionaries here, not the most fun job, not going to lie. The O'Crowley's are awesome, I really liked them. The ab roller should fit, I think it comes apart, this elder up here just got one so maybe ill ask him about it :)
Ok, so we are still a go for the packages, but don't send them till after the 20 of November, because they will get here really fast and I don't want to store them for that long haha Do you have the list of Elders already? And I guess the mission mom (Sis Jackson) is getting everyone socks for Christmas, so don't put them in the packages haha only other stuffs :) Also transfers are on the 20th, I am sure I am staying, but I just want to make sure, so don't send them till after then. If I do get transferred, ill had it all over to the senior couples :) Sound good!!? Cool :)
Thanks for the update on everyone! Sounds like everyone is having a good time and it is all going well! For the most part, as well as it ever goes haha :P But my BYU stuff is going well! You can get on and check it out, ill probably be finishing it next week. I need one of you to go on and pay the application fee though, if you could, I cant really do that here haha Thanks :) But i saw that BYU did get my transcripts from CGCC, so that is good! :) I am getting president Jackson to do the endorsement this week as well :) Fun stuff!
Well, this week was not so good, but it was at the same time. We had a GREAT missionary week, me and Elder Omondi found some great people, set some good dates, and had a great week at sacrament! :D BUT we had one let down, we had a missionary situation, and had to move some people around. That is never good! But it had to be done, so ya that happened...
Then, I lost my scripture bag, or rather, it got stolen..... Yea... I am really really really sad about it. Like, super sad. We went to a nice nice restaurant after we picked up an Elder who had just come from the airport. I left my bag at the table, and when we went back to get it, it was gone.... I was devastated. We talked to the manager, the waiters, everyone. Nothing. ALL my stuff was in there. My seminary scriptures, my camera with memory card, my line of authority paper, my family pictures that I carry around and show everyone, my oil vial, EVERYTHING. I cried about it. The only thing is my scriptures.... I had those FOREVER. All through seminary, high school, college, ect. they held precious notes, papers, markings... ah... I have been torn up the whole week about it. I have called that place twice every day looking for it. Nothing. I cant believe they would take it in a matter of thirty min. So ya, that ruined my whole week. I know it is my stupid fault, that's why i am so mad. AH! So ya, I bought some paper back simple scriptures from the office, so now I carry those around in my other bag, but ya... not good week. :(
So ya, there you have it, one of the only terrible weeks I have had on my mission. Great huh. I will need to replace some of those things obviously, like the oil vial, line of authority paper, more family pics, and a camera. If you put money in my account, I can buy a camera here. I will pay you back for that though, because I am the one who lost it. And for my package, I need some floss, pens, ab roller, and oil vials. My comp wants an oil vial too, so can you send him one too? That would be good for the Christmas packages as well. So ya... sorry to put all this on you.. but like i said the camera I can buy here, they are a little expensive, but ill take a local to help me find the right price. But like I said ill pay you back for that.
Well.. that's all. I had to get all that off my chest, it stinks, but hey, what can you do right? Ill just have to get over it. Love you all so much!!
We are going to pray that his scriptures can somehow be returned to him so please join us in our prayers. Thanks!!
p.s. Here is a link to an article about the last project Brad helped with. The Ocrowley's just finished their mission and are headed home. Brad said they are great!
http://lds.org/church/news/members-in-ethiopia-assemble-hygiene-kits?lang=eng
No comments:
Post a Comment