| baptism day |
| In front of the church building under construction in Ethiopia with his companion |
| District sleep over.... |
| sleep over continued.... |
| what's a sleep over with out fire? |
| another baptism day!! |
November 14, 2011
Dear Wonderful Mother,
Ya, I was pretty heart broken, (about his scriptures being stolen) still am, but I know it was for the Lord's Purpose, maybe someone was meant to find them, I dont know. But I always have to keep the faith! Here is the list of things I need:
1) My line of Authority, preferably laminated.
2) Pics of the family, the group one, and individuals, the house, and my freinds
3) Oil Vial, One for my comp as well, those would be great for the Christmas packages also
Thats about it I think, thanks for getting me the things, it really would help :) love you
Transfers are this week, so I will get back to you on a final list of missionaries that will be staying in Ethiopia, so dont get anything finalized yet haha By next monday I will know for sure, but that list looks good :)
That is so cool that Gus is comps with a Ugandan! (Gus Gunthrie who is from our stake in Arizona is serving in South Africa and his new companion is from Uganda and knows Brad...it's a small world...) What is his first name? Cause we did not call them by their last names in Uganda haha So find out his first name! haha I think I know who his is comps with though haha The missionaries in Africa are all really close because usually they all serve in or around the same missions, so everyone knows everyone here haha it is cool.
So my week was alot better than last week, that is for sure! We had a lot of good things going on this week! We were able to see and progress two of our baptism dates, and they are doing great! They came to church and everything! Their names are Desalegn and Michael. Michael is Sudanese, and is our recent convert Choul's friend. We are going to see them three times this week and their baptism is scheduled for next week! :D It is going to be awesome! I think I might do the physical baptizing this time, I am not sure, we will see haha The water here is SUPER cold haha :P We had two other baptisms in the zone this week, which was a little low, but next week is going to be alot better! But there was one guy name Elijah who was baptized here in my branch from the other Elders who is so awesome! I could see him being a branch president one day, it is great. The next step for him is the priesthood and passing the sacrament! :) We have been planning alot for next transfer, especailly since there is going to be three holidays including in that time period, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. There are ALOT of American families that work here at the embassy that are members, so they are going to cook for all the missionaries on Thanksgiving and Christmas! It is going to be great! Even our new branch president here is an American, and is doing great things. We even went to his house today for Pday to play basketball haha :) We are seeing some great changes in the branch under his leadership.
Well, thats about all. I sent another letter with some Ethiopian, Kenyan, and Ugandan money in it :) So you should be getting that soon. I am also looking for a nativity scene for you mom :) Love you!!
Elder Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment