These pictures loaded all mixed up but scroll down and enjoy Thanksgiving in Ethiopia with Brad.
 |
| Do these boys look in heaven with all those big missionary brothers around? |
 |
Thank you to the Embassy families who invited the whole Ethiopia zone for Thanksgiving!!
|
 |
| Can you tell this is Brad's favorite drink? |
 |
| yummy! |
 |
| Happy elders!! |
 |
| Baptism day!!! |
 |
| What a beautiful sight! |
 |
| goofy boys! |
 |
| I couldn't have cooked it better myself... |
 |
| one happy boy! |

 |
cheers!!! here's to A & W Root beer!! woot woot!!
November 28, 2011
Dear Mother,
This week was a GREAT one! Thanksgiving was AWESOME as you can see from my pictures. We were invited over to an American Families house who work at the embassy here. There were three families there that cooked for us. We had EVERYTHING!! It was divine! We even had pumpkin pie, with whipped cream.... wow I was in heaven. All the Americans were freaking out, and all the Africans were probably thinking what was wrong with us haha It was a great day. The families fed the whole zone, so it was quite a sacrifice on their part. It was great. The weather has been really cold lately, I actually wore my sweater on more than one occasion this week. The weather here reminds me of Flagstaff, it is so nice!! :) We also had 6 baptisms here in Megenagna! And another 5 across the zone! So we had a total of 11 baptisms this week, it was awesome! I sent some pics of the ones here in Megenagna. Elder Omondi and I had 2, as did the other two companionship's. I think you talk to Elder Lee's mom and also Elder Horstman's mom, haha they both talk about how you all talk, it is kind of funny :P But tell their mom's not to worry, cause I am here looking out for their sons!! haha :P Elder Lee is actually sitting right here next to me, and he read that and was laughing haha :P They both had two baptisms and are doing great! :) It is really a pleasure to be serving around them, they teach me alot, all the missionaries do. So that was my week! Pretty awesome week!
It sounds like Thanksgiving was a blast! I really miss family get-togethers, they were always so fun! I am going to try my hardest when I am older and busy to attend as many as possible!! haha I heard Emily and Paul's baby is getting big, haha I think all the girls mentioned that to me haha go figure :P I wish I could of been there to give Dad my professional advice on hanging Christmas lights, but I guess he will have to wait till next year haha :P (Brad's favorite part of Christmas is putting up the outside lights with Spencer, they kindof go a bit crazy and Spencer put ours up Saturday)
Make sure to put my name on both the packages, because I will be around to pick them up :) We had the other missionaries send their packages without names because me and my comp got sick of picking people up and taking them to the post office to pick up their packages haha SO for mine, you can just put my name on it, and all is well :) Thanks :)
Well, thanks for all that you do for me, it really means a lot. Keep the faith, and keep moving forward!! :)
Love you
Elder Brad Kendall
PS-whats up with the home teachers only staying 10 min? and YES TO THE CHRISTMAS PIANO MUSIC!! :D (Our home teacher only like to stay about 10 minutes and the girls think that is great!! and I asked him if he wanted some Piano Christmas music in his package)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment