| the view from the church office |
| kooking back up the walk to the office |
| the landscape if you can zoom up you can see lots of houses |
| Their Church Building |
| Brad's planner (and his leg and shoe) |
| Ethiopian Christmas |
| an Orthodox Christmas tradition |
| lots of yummy food! |
Dear Mother,
Yes I did get the email!! That is so awesome!! I am sad that I wont get to see him though!! Not cool! Maybe you can get his email for me, I would like to write him. (Our stake president in Gilbert is going to be released next stake conference and has been called as a mission president and will leave in July)
My week was crazy!! haha I did not call about my card yet, we have been so busy! But I did LOVE my package! I love the chocolate too.... SO GOOD. The camera is amazing!! Holy Cow!! It takes great pictures!! I was really impressed! :) The ab roller has already made me super sore!! haha But It is really going to help, so thank you :) (He finally recieved his Christmas package that I sent on November 30th I might add....)
Well my week was short! On Tuesday we flew back to Ethiopia on the late flight, so we got in about 7pm. On Wednesday and through the rest of the week, we taught everyone we could. We should be having about 7 baptisms this month! The work slowed down over the weekend though because it was the Orthodox Christmas! Everyone was busy with family and definatly no Orthodox wanted to listen to us on their Christmas haha But we were invited over to many members house to eat all the holiday food! Everyone here celebrates it if they are Orthodox or not, because the calendar is different. It is really weird. But I ate SO MUCH FOOD this weekend! They have a traditional dish called "doro wat" which is a chicken sauce, and is VERY spicy!! haha We ate a ton of that! I am sending some pics of it all! :) (Brad used to hate anything that was spicy....)
Well, sorry my weekly report was short, but thats all that really happened! No baptisms this week cause of Christmas, but next week we will have two! One is D's brother, the other is a family man! So we are going to focus on his family now! :) The week after we are preparing this wonderful family as well! S, H, M, and R! Awesome! I am really having the time of my life out here! :D Things are going well, and I am really happy!!
Thank you so much again for the camera and the package! It means alot to me! I will get the card thing figured out this week, dont worry! :D Love you!!
Elder Brad Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment