blog template

Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 78 more baptisms

the truck they drive

church meeting place


big smiles

donkeys
cute little guy with big shoes...
baptism day!!! the work rolls forth!
January 23, 2012

Dear Mom!!
 
I'll keep an eye out for Stanley haha :) That will be really fun! Ill go to a crazy place and take a picture with it haha :P (One of his little cousins is doing Flat Stanley in school and they sent him to Brad so I told him to be expecting Stanley in the mail) I'll make sure to reply to Camerons and Dillons email as well :) (another two cousins who love writing to their 3 cousins who are serving missions)
 
Thanks for sending that package, I will be waiting for it this week, it probably will get here on Saturday, but if not, then next Monday :) The diploma stuff is all good, and the missionaries should be coming back on Wednesday.... maybe, we are really just waiting. I do know Elder Beams, he is a really good guy, he is in my zone, and I really like him, great Elder. I am not sure if I will be here when the O'Crowley's come back, transfer news is on the 9th of Feb, so we will see! :)
 
This week was good! We were really not that busy because there was a Orthodox Holiday and we were all suppose to stay inside for two days. They call it "Timkat" which means baptism. Basically, everyone in the whole church is baptized again! EVERYONE! They go on a march too, carrying the "ark and the covenant" to all these different churches. SO we were told to stay inside, since this whole celebration was nation wide, and that it involved alot of drinking haha So thats what we did for two of the days, not so fun being locked in your house let me tell you! BUT we did have 4 baptisms this week! Solomon and his family was baptized by our recent convert Desalegn! He introduced us to them, and he helped us teach every time we went there! It was Solomon, Hannah, and Meron! The mom is going to be baptized this week, since she was having a problem with coffee. The other baptism was of a Sudanese named Dual! He was baptized by another one of our recent converts, Pouch, also Sudanese! We are really seeing the benefits of recent convert referrals! It is really helping the work progress! Our zone is doing good as well! We are going to have alot of baptisms this week, even though we are still missing 7 missionaries! The work goes on!! :)
 
That's about all my week! Sorry it was short, but it seemed like a short week! haha Love you all! I love it here!!

Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment