blog template

Monday, February 13, 2012

Week 81.... Hot Dry and Dusty

February 13, 2012

Dear Mother,

(my letter to him this week started off like this....I am not mad at you that you didn't write us more than hmmmm 3 sentences however, you redeemed yourself by sending a few pictures. I AM HOWEVER expecting a longer email telling us all about your adventures of going back to Uganda, where you are, who your companion is and such.)  
Thanks for not being mad at me haha I really appreciate it because there was honestly nothing I could do about it haha Things are not going to get any better either because I am going to be traveling with President Jackson a lot, so ya, sorry! I am in Uganda now, and am the assistant to President Jackson, in case you have not guessed already. It is going to be a big adjustment, and I am a little nervous not going to lie. I am adjusting to Uganda again, it is so hot here and dusty! I forgot how bad it was! Six months in Ethiopia really dulls you!! haha It is so nice up there, and so not nice up here! I am companions with three other AP's, but I am not sure who my official comp is. But I am with Elder Chiromo right now! I was comps with him in Njeru.  So I am with him again! I am really excited about that! :D

Basically all that happened this week was that we had Elder Renlund up in Ethiopia and we had some fantastic meetings with him. We had some great trainings and some direction in what we can do and what we can do better. We were really busy doing all of that, then President Jackson told me that I was leaving so I spent two days going around and saying goodbye to my recent converts. It was really sad, there is a huge place in my heart for those people. We left on Saturday for Uganda, and we have been preparing for this next transfer the last couple of days. It is SUPER hot here, and I am going to have to get use to Uganda again. There is so much that has to be done, it is crazy! We are going to be super busy this transfer! Pretty much, I am going to be telling you about things in the mission every Monday, because we don't go out and teach or anything, and when we do, it is with other missionaries to help train them. So my emails for the rest of my mission are going to be a little different! I am going to finish my mission as a AP, so I am going to learn so much! I am a little nervous though, but know this is where I need to be! I love it here!!

Elder Kendall
(...and maybe he is preparing me for future SHORT emails by sending 48 pictures this week...,. I will spare you the similar pictures but here are some great ones!)

5 people and one horse power....

camels


dinner everyone!!

looks like the brown stuff is a tortilla  then they dip it into the meat mixture




primary or orphanage... not sure which

the kids are so ingenious in making their own toys

not a shepheard boy...but a cowheard boy....

heavy burdens to carry

looks like a natural bridge

the water looks like chocolate from willy wonka!!

doggie back...

playing the favorite game....bball

Add caption

Timkat Festival (Baptism Festival)

alot of power in this picture
saying goodbye

Elder D, Brad and Elder C

again....different backdrop

Brad with Elder W

Ethiopia District Presidency


One last funny thing I thought I would add... this is his letter to Jenna  one of the things she asked him was what did you have for dinner on Sunday?   this was his reply
Jenna!

My church was good! I was really hot though! I am not in Ethiopia anymore so I am really hot! hahaha I need to adjust back! My Sunday dinner was a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich! NO more good food for me! I am not in etiopia anymore!! haha Love you so much! Keep being awesome! Love you!!

Elder Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment