| doing service on the Nile |
| "digging" helping in a garden |
| land is scarce so they plant anywhere they can... looks steep to me!! |
| watch out for crocodiles! |
Dear Mother,
Sorry for the delay! We have been up and down like crazy! We are finally back in the office, and settling down a little bit! I was going to email on Monday, and I started emailing the girls, but then the email cut out, so I could not finish! I was really upset. Then we had to rush to Jinja to go on exchanges with the missionaries. I went out with Elder Rennie again! It was so fun to work with him again! We did some really cool service as well, I am sending a lot of pics! So ya, that is my explanation and excuses! Sorry!
It sounds like everyone had a really eventful week! I am so sorry about your leg! ( I had an encounter with a rose bush stump 15 stitches later... I thought he would get a kick out of seeing the pictures) That looks intense! Did it really bleed a lot? I am sure that it did! Wow! I am glad that it all got taken care of and that the doctor did a good job in stitching it up! I think it will heal nicely! It almost took that chunk of skin out! Good thing he was able to rescue it! Glad you are ok.
Happy Birthday to Dad! I am sure he loves his present! I would! I have a feeling that it is going to get used alot! Good job mom! Great idea! :) There are so many birthdays this time of year! Everyone is getting so old!! haha I am not really good with birthdays, so sorry! I am sure ill get better when i get home and a little more focused on those things! Thanks for reminding me about them all mom ;) haha
The girls seem to be doing alot better! Shannon seems really happy, as do Michelle and Jenna. Jenna is getting really tall... its weird! I think her and rachel have changed the most.
Well, my week was super crazy! We finished the transfers. As Assistants to President, we work with him to transfer the missionaries to their new areas and to their new companions. It is the MOST important thing that we do. So we spent three days straight with President Jackson in his office working on transfers. We have a HUGE board with everyone pics on it, next to their current comp, and in their assigned area. Ill have to send a pic home of it one of these days. So we did that. I am not really allowed to talk much about it, it is a really sacred thing I guess, not really secret haha But ya, we did that last week. Then on about Friday, president Jackson left for a Mission Presidents Seminar in South Africa with Sister Jackson. So we took this time to go out into the field and to work with the missionaries. It was so fun! I went to an area called Bugembe and worked with the missionaries there for about two days, then we came back on Monday to take the mission reports, and send them into the people in salt lake. Then on tuesday we headed out again, and I went and worked with Elder Rennie in my old area called Njeru! Probably my second favorite area next to Ethiopia :) So we went and saw many of the families that I baptized! Two of them are doing so well! Shaban now has the Melchizedek priesthood, and wears his oil vial on his necklace everywhere he goes! Emma does the same. They both have awesome wives and families. It was so good to see them! Shaban even went out and worked with us! We also did some service for a member on the Nile river! I am sending pics ;) we just got back into the office today, and we are preparing for the transfer, doing the normal things! Tomorrow, we are going to release the transfer news to the missionaries. It is going to be really exciting! No one knows but us! haha Sometimes it is good to be in the know!! haha :)
Well, that is what is going on here with me! Moving on! Ill be able to tell you more after we release transfers tomorrow! Love you!
Could you please email some of the pics to Elder Rennies mom?? Thanks!
Elder Brad Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment