| not sure if this is really sanitary....washing the meat in the bath tub?? ewwww |
| moved the couches out for chairs.... |
| cooking the meat |
| happy elders |
June 11, 2012
Dear Mother,
Sounds like a pretty normal summer week! As the girls were describing to me all that they have been doing, I remembered that it was summer. What it must feel like to have a summer huh?? haha It must be nice to have a break sometimes! As an AP, we really don't have P-days, so I am coming to realize what it feels like to work with no rest!! haha Good thing this only goes for two years, not that I don't like it, but that my body would probably DIE. Just saying :) Even right now, I am super tired, and it is only 4pm. Wow.
Sister Parrish is doing ok, but it was still a major stroke. She may not be able to talk for up to 6 months. But she is making really small improvements which is really good to hear. We are still all praying for her over here. I really miss them.
Sounds like a pretty normal summer week! As the girls were describing to me all that they have been doing, I remembered that it was summer. What it must feel like to have a summer huh?? haha It must be nice to have a break sometimes! As an AP, we really don't have P-days, so I am coming to realize what it feels like to work with no rest!! haha Good thing this only goes for two years, not that I don't like it, but that my body would probably DIE. Just saying :) Even right now, I am super tired, and it is only 4pm. Wow.
Anyways! The girls seem like they are doing well. You and Dad seem to be
doing ok. Glad that the sprinkler system went in well! Sounds like Dad had a
little scare there for a while, glad it all worked out. I will be more than
happy to help when I get home, as long as I don't need to wear a white shirt and
a tie haha :P
Sister Parrish is doing ok, but it was still a major stroke. She may not be able to talk for up to 6 months. But she is making really small improvements which is really good to hear. We are still all praying for her over here. I really miss them.
Well, my week was CRAZY! We headed out on Tuesday for Lira, which is about
a three-four hour drive, depending on how fast you drive and the traffic. We
left in the early afternoon, so we got there before dark. Wednesday we had the
Zone Conference for Lira and Gulu. Wednesday night we had a huge barbecue with
the two zones. One of the zones bought a pig and killed it in the backyard, so
we roasted the two hind quarters of it and ate it all! So good!! Ill fill in
more details about the killing of it later :P in about 4 years when :P Thursday,
we had a short meeting for all the district and zone leaders, afterwards we left
for Mbale. It took another 4 hours to get to Mbale. That road is the WORST road
I have ever driven on. It is not really a road, more like a dirt path. They are
doing major construction on it, so its really bad. Friday we had the Mbale and
Busia zone conference. Saturday we had the same meeting for the leaders in those
areas. We then worked with the missionaries in Mbale, taught some awesome
investigators, and attended church there on Sunday. After church we headed home,
another 31/2 hour drive. When we arrived in Jinja, we had some errands to run,
which put us behind schedule a little, and so we hit some hard traffic coming in
Kampala. I think you should pull up a map on google maps so you can see an image
of what i am talking about! Maybe ill attach a document that will show you... :)
So ya, we stayed up till 12pm taking the mission weekly report, then we are here
in the office today! This whole week we are staying in the office working on the
transfers with President Jackson. Fun! we will also be planning our schedule
next month, so I will know what I am doing till the day I go home!! yay!!
Crazy I have my plane ticket huh?? YEAH!! haha :) (we got his itinerary...He will be flying for 22 hours... maybe he will get some sleep on his way home... he flys to london then to new york and then Salt lake woo hoo!!!! but we are not the least bit excited... :))))) )
Love you!!
Love you!!
Elder Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment