blog template

Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 29

An activity where our whole Zone got together and we "street boarded" for about 3 hours.
It boosted the area so much!
Sister Angela's baptism. She has been waiting since LAST november to be baptized.

View of the area


and another view.....



Brad and his companion helping a recent convert prepare matoke.

February 14, 2011
Dear Mom,
Welllll, where to start, where to start. This week was a great missionary week! But not so good a week for me personally, I don't know why.... I have been trying to get along with my new comp, but he is just so hard to talk to, to understand, and to communicate with. We have absolutely nothing in common, he has VERY different views on different subjects, and we find ourselves arguing alot about things. I have prayed so hard this week about this, and I have definitely been strengthened, but its still hard. I guess I needed to learn patience, because the Lord is making me develop it alot!! haha Anyways, I am going to try my best! and to pronounce his name you have to click, so ill have to show you when I come home haha ;)
Its good to hear you got the letter from President Jackson, he is a powerful and inspired man! I am so lucky to be serving under his direction. I love him so much. Ill be sure to let them know of our new address though, ill write it in my planner, thanks for reminding me.
Well it sounds like everyone had a pretty eventful week! Sorry about all the sickness, but at least you all are recovering! I am still healthy and going good! I don't eat as much as I did though, it is weird, like I want to eat alot, I prepare a ton if food, but I eat and get filled so fast! And the rest of the food I have to give to someone else!! haha Anyways, Shannon is going to get married by the time I get home, Michelle will be driving, Rachel will be rich, and Jenna will still be crazy and funny!!! haha They are all so funny!! :) I really do look forward to coming home and hanging with you guys!
Well my week went so well! We worked like crazy, we had some ground to make up for last transfer haha We had 4 new investigators at church on Sunday, and set two more baptism dates! We had 8 investigators at church and had 96 people attend total! A great week with many fruits! We baptized this sister named Nansubuga Angela, it has been a long time coming. She has been attending church since last November and has wanted to be baptized, but her father was standing in the way. Also she is terrified of water, along with many of the other Ugandans. Nobody here swims, it is crazy haha Anyways, we FINALLY got permission from her father, then we had to comfort her about her fears. So Sunday we Finally got it all arranged, but the power went out, which means limited water because the pump works on electricity. SO we got the font about half way full, and we thought it would be good. There was no way we were going to postpone this haha So we got in the font, and there was BARLEY enough water. I had to lay her down and baptize her. I felt so bad because I had to PUSH literally, her down to make sure she went all the way under. She came up coughing and gasping, because she started to freak out. I felt so bad, but at least it was successful. She called me later to thank me, and used her own money, people here don't call us usually, it costs too much. It was such a special experience to say the least. I am so thankful to be here on my mission! Anyways, we are starting to teach this new brother named Steven, he has been taught be Jehovah Witnesses, but said he was looking for the truth, some people are just ready! The field is so white here! I love it! I have seen the blessings the Lord gives us when we work as hard as we can! I have seen both sides!! Always be obedient! :)
Well, on Wednesday we are going into lock down, and we have all our food storage ready, and are going to get more toady. We don't expect any problems though, this is only precautionary, don't stress out!! :) Love you mom :)
Well, I hope everyone feels better and everyone has a powerful week this week! Thanks for writing, I really appreciate it so much! I don't feel like I am missing out on TOO much haha.
Love you!!
Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment