blog template

Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 28

New greenie Elder Nxumalo....(ya, I don't know how to say that)
after a zone meeting....

February 5, 2011
Dear Mommy,
(I started off my letter to him this week asking how does it feel to be a parent?)
This week has really been trying for me, training and being a new district leader and all. It has really been a learning experience. My son is a South African, but is black. He is very very very proud of his country, and alot of times bashes on America. I hold my tongue, but it really bothers me. He also compares everything between black people and white people, and always has something bad to say about stuff. I am really trying to stay quite, but sometimes you have to be strict with your kids right?? SO, guess what is coming for him this week?? Mean Elder Kendall hahahaha :P jk jk But seriously, I am going to talk to him about it. He does not trust me when I tell him things and he thinks I don't know anything about mission HA! But I know there are kids like that.... I was one of them, and we have to do our best right?? :) My trainings went very well, and president complimented me on how much I am growing on my mission :) I love president Jackson alot.
I really hope that Elder Rennie and I are comps again, it does not happen alot, but I am praying it does!! (Both Elder Rennie and Brad mentioned each other in their letters last week and his mom and I thought it would be so great if they could be companions again before their mission is over)
It sounds like the girls are doing well! It is so good to hear about them growing up and such. I am really missing Jenna, she is so sweet and pure and it hurts me to hear anyone makes fun of her. That goes for all the other girls as well. It sounds like Shan is still the boy magnet, as always haha :P Michelle needs to finish personal progress! Tell her it is so good for her!! :) Rachel leg is still bothering her huh? I really hope that you guys get it all figured out, we would not want it to haunt her for the rest of her life.
Anyways, my crock pot is defiantly being used! We really don't have any spices or fancy ingredients, even a jar of spaghetti sauce, be basically make everything. There are no cans of anything here and so we keep it really simple. I made some stew though, that stuff is easy, but I really miss homemade stuff, SO MUCH!!
Well this week we have alot of meetings with the ZL's and the AP's so its going to be a busy week. We also are preparing to be locked in our houses for about a week during the elections here. We are storing food and such, and we are going to be staying in a large group with other missionaries. I am going to be SO BORED haha
Anyways, we are trying to find more people to teach, but alot of people are going back to school, and others are getting really involved with the elections, so missionary work has gotten hard, but still good!! We had a baptism this week of sister Margaret, I will send pics next week, and we have a baptism next week as well. we have had a baptism every week for about 5 weeks straight, the field is so white!!
I love you all so much!!
Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment