blog template

Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 27 Training a "son"

Sister Lydia's Baptism day! Rock solid testimony!
The whole gang..."District"


New morning, new day in Uganda


More beauty of the country....

After church with a young member

Corn anyone?
Goodbye to Elder Makosa

Silly "looking into eternity pose"...
Elder Kendall, ? and Elder Makosa after church

The field is ripe all ready to harvest.....

although in humble dwellings they bring a glorious message
A bustle of activity if you look closely

Fisher of men....

ok....red is his favorite color.....is it working for you?
January 31, 2011
Mom!!
Oh man, this week was so good!! Alot happened so I am just going to start off with the big news! I am training a new missionary this transfer, and I am the District Leader! Ya! I was really surprised by all this!! It is a HUGE responsibility and I am really nervous, but know that I can do it!! We found out this on Friday, and Elder Makosa was really mad, because he likes it here, but I am sorry to say, that I am not so sad that he is going..... I feel horrible saying that, but not really haha So today I am back in Kampala, going to pick up my son tonight from the airport!! I then have to give a training tomorrow during the orientation thing haha So much coming at me! It is really stressful!! We are in a place called Ntinda and we are spending the night here till we go to the mission home tomorrow. I am so excited for this transfer!
This Sunday we also had a baptism of sister Lydia, she is so powerful and I have really gotten to know her. She has a rock solid testimony and I am excited for her to advance in the church. We also have two more baptisms next week, if all goes according to plan! The field is so ripe here! I love it! I hope to be a good trainer just like Elder Rennie was to me. My new comp is from South Africa and I am not sure how to say his name, we are going to pick him tonight! Man, things are going! I am six months and everything seems to be speeding up! I love it! I really am glad that I am here in Uganda i\on my mission!! I love it!!
Its good to hear about Paul and Trent writing, I'm sure that mission is so hard, I am not sure I would be able to handle that mission, it would be so hard. God knows exactly where we need to go! (One of his buddies is in Spain serving and his cousin Paul served there so I asked Paul to write and give Trent some encouragement.)
It sounds like all the girls are having a blast! I really miss Jenna, playing with her and trying to understand her, I think we are going to spend alot of time together when I get home, same with all the girls, I miss them. (Never thought I would say that.... hahaha)
Anyways, More news!! We might be running a pilot program in my area to test out bikes! I am so excited! I wont have to walk everywhere anymore!! YES!!!! You have no idea how happy I am! I wrote such a long thank you note to president! haha I am so happy! Blessing do come with patience!!
You can add Seth on facebook. (Sometimes when I update his facebook there is a friend request so I ask if he wants me to confirm the friend thing.)
I hear from Jeff, Brady, and Zac, they email me every week, but Trent has not emailed me yet, and I only hear from Ty every once and a while. Its good to hear from them though!! (I asked how often he hears from his buddies who are serving missions)
Well that's about all for this week! Its going to be a awesome transfer, and a awesome week this week! I am so excited!! I love you all so very much!!
Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment