I think this was taken at their zone conference this past week.
Brad's companion is the third from the left.
I believe this was taken at the church.
Hard working elders spreading the gospel.
Oh my goodness! I don't know why we have this picture except that
Oh my goodness! I don't know why we have this picture except that
Brad is a boy and boys like gross stuff like this. ewwwwww
Six Months!! Wow, where has time gone?? It has seriously gone so fast, I will be hitting a year before you know it!! :) I Love it here!! It sounds like everyone is doing well!! Shannon and her job, Michelle and Basketball, Rachel babysitting, Jenna being crazy as usual. I miss the good old times!! I also miss the temple so much!! I am forgetting!! I use to be able to do it 100%!! In south Africa temple I did it 100% and the veil worker was so impressed, no one else could. I am so grateful for a temple so close to home.
Ok answer time, all the church owned buildings have running water, and if your rich here you also do, which is only people who work for the government. So no, most people shower outside with buckets and same with the bathroom. We have to be careful at night where we shine our flashlights, because someone might be bathing, it has happened before haha For service we go and harvest in people's gardens, they call it digging. So we go and dig up their crops, mainly kasava, sweet potato, corn, and regular potatoes. We get so dirty haha We also go and clean the church every Saturday. My training went very well, president complimented me, alone with everyone else too, I really do like giving trainings haha Me and my companion are doing good, I am trying to continue to inspire him to finish strong. I was able to find everything I need to cook!! They also gave us Crock Pots!! I was so excited!! They gave us some recipes that we can make too, with things that are found here in Uganda! I am so thankful! My life just got alot easier! ;) Thanks for all the support you give me!! ;)
Ok so things for my next package, I wont need anything big really, only small things like:
Cashews
Cool Aid mix!!
Cookies N Cream chocolate, my comp loves them!!
Small Candy, things I can snack on at home
everything here is so expensive that its not worth buying, like a chocolate bar is $3!!
Chips are $3 and we only get $170 a month!! about 360,000 Uganda Shillings
Beef Jerky!!
That's about it, you guys are so good to me here on my mission! I am thankful for such a great family! I am going to be sending more pics home soon!! Another 2 CDS!! ;)
We had another two baptisms on Sunday! And plan to have 2 more this Sunday!! The work is going so well!! We are focusing on finding more people this week to increase our teaching pool! I love the people here and am inspired by them every day. President Interviewed us this week and said there are great things in store for me as long as I stay strong and ready!! I am so excited for the rest of my mission, its only started!!
LOVE YOU!!!
Elder Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment