January 10, 2011
Dear Momma,
Things are going great here!! Those recipes are perfect!! That's exactly what I wanted haha Before we were only cooking on a single hot plate... then we got new couple missionaries and they saw that and the next week we got a oven with gas cooker without us even asking, I was so happy! Most apartments don't have ovens, but some nice ones do haha We don't exactly live the good life over here haha
My health is good, I get sick about once or twice a month, that's just because of the food we eat at people's houses. I am doing well though! I take my vitamins yes, and my malaria pill :) Our whole Zone went to the rain forest with president, about 14 missionaries, plus 3 couple missionaries. I got the package from the young women and Kate's Package, so I am just waiting for the primary's :) you guys are all so awesome!! I LOVE the walkman, it is perfect! I am memorizing the conference talks now hahaha its awesome!
I am giving my training this week on Thursday. We did not have our baptism this week because there was no water at the chapel, it is really not reliable, so next week we will have it for sure I hope!! If not, we are going to fill this big garbage can!! haha ;)
It is good to get a report on everyone, I advised Shan on her situation, I hope it all works out and that they stay friends. I have learned a thing or two about working with hard people here on my mission haha Its good she got a job! I really hope she does a good job!! :) Michelle and Rachel need a referee I think, and not you or dad.... maybe Shannon can help?? Some one needs to be in the middle because Michelle is too stubborn haha :P Maybe Shan can not choose sides and help them both out.
The work here is going great, we taught about 40 lessons this week and are planning on baptizing about 5 people this month, if all goes well. We found this awesome woman named Margaret, she is my favorite. When we teach her things and challenge her to do things, she says its not a matter of trying, but only she will do it! The people's faith here is so amazing, It almost mad me cry in that lesson. Do we have the faith of some of these amazing people here?? All her questions or concerns are resolved by her own faith. She does not need reasons. I love teaching!!! Mission is teaching me so much about the gospel and about life at the same time! I will have a much better outlook and such when I get home, let me tell you!
Mission president is opening up Rwanda next transfer and we are getting 18 new missionaries, so we will see what is in store for me next month!! I am really excited!! :) I love it here and I am doing fine! I eat plenty and the couples take good care of us! I love them for that! I have some old sisters in the branch we call mom too, it is out of respect, and they treat us like sons. I love my area here!!
I love you all!! Stay Safe!! stay strong!!
Elder Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment