blog template

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!! Week 23

As a mission activity right after Christmas they all went to the Rain forest. The following are pics Brad sent of his adventure.

This is Sister Jackson with Brad. (President Jackson's wife)

Brad with Elder Lefevre




What is with this pose? Looking into eternity??? ha ha I don't know...

End of Rainforest Pics.......

The Nile River

I am assuming these are members of their branch.

Money....money.....money!!!!

Elder Rennie, Elder Makosa and Brad ready for a feast!

Some kind of food.....hmmmm I think I see noodles in there!

don't know what this pic is .......

There is that pose again!!!! sheeze! Brad and Elder Makosa

Don't know who these people are.... Maybe some investigators? or someone in their branch.

Doing dishes......REALLY? oh my, Don't think there is any room to complaine about loading he dishwasher ever again!!!!! I think this is at a members house. I'm pretty sure they have a sink!

Killing dinner!! And I have to say Brad LOVES this!!!!!

Watch out for cows!! They must have the right of way.

Part of Christmas.....yummmmmm chocolate!!!! thanks for the games Grandma!
This is where Brad lives....not too shabby!!!!!

Cute kids playing
January 3, 2011


Mom,
My new years consisted of..... sleeping haha we had to be in early because people get crazy here when the celebrate things, so we were inside at 6pm, and we had one other companionship over and we played phase 10 and Uno. We then went to sleep at 10:30pm haha nothing to fantastic! I wish I could of been there chilling with you guys! Its so cold there!! Ah I am lucky I am here, it has been super hot lately haha
My training went well I guess, because I am giving another one in two weeks haha I am speaking on how to increase our spiritual growth through getting people to come to church haha I think President Jackson likes me or something, two trainings in a row!! haha
My companion is doing so much better actually! we worked so hard this week and are seeing the fruits of our labors!! thanks for all your prayers! they have helped! I think I am out of the black and into the light now!! :)
The Activity was awesome!! I am sending you pics today :) Alot of pics :) They speak better than words!! Who would of ever thought I would be walking through a rain forest in Africa!! AH!! so cool!!
I did get the nutty bars... smashed, but delicious none the less ;)
New years resolutions.... well it depends on the situations! We are making some mission goals, comp goals, and personal goals. So I guess some advice is to set some goals for the whole family, then some individually. Make sure you review them every week too, or they will just become a song haha ;) Focus on things that will strengthen spiritually, and physically too. Fun activities are just as important as spiritual ones :)
We are having a baptism this week, hopefully two, one lady has to be interviewed by president because her father was involved in Polygamy. That is a big problem here, the traditions of the clans and tribes allow things like that. They church is trying to change all these things.
I love the people here, it is so fun to spend time with them and work with them to find others to teach. We work with members about 3 times a week, it is a great experience training these young members. We are also here to strengthen and educate the branch, so alot of our time is in branch meetings and working with the leadership to make the church strong in our area. We have so much responsibility here!! :) I love it.
Oh and a investigator wanted me to help name here baby... I was so nervous! But I gave her a few names and one of them was Regan, like Aunt Amy's Baby's name haha Aunt Amy just had here baby so I was thinking of that name haha so tell aunt Amy there is a little African Girl named Regan too :)
Well I have a couple requests.... :P I just got a oven in the apartment so i need to know how to make things haha : Syrup, pancakes, cookies (all types)
I also need (would like :) these things in the next package haaha Cheap CTR rings for my Recent Converts Scripture markers Shoe inserts drink mix- those you sent last time were AWESOME!!! inspired!! Consecrated oil keychain- someone stole mine ;(
Thanks everyone!! Oh and I have a package at the mission office from Vernal!! Thanks to the ward!!! ;)
Love you all!!!
Elder Kendall
PS--- Love you mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment