blog template

Monday, May 23, 2011

Week 43....

Lone pine tree....sticking up above the houses Notice the broken glass on the top of the wall in the right of the picture... Elders with a family (sorry I don't know who.... didn't tell me...)

Breakfast doesn't look too bad!!! Elder Cooley (I turned this pic but it loaded wrong sorry)


After church with some of the members...


Poor Elder Cooley..... The hospital doesn't look so bad.....


May 23, 2011


Dear Mom!!


Ya I think I know how you feel! (It was my birthday this past week and I said I really didn't feel any different.....) I am approaching my 20 birthday, and I really still think I am 18 hahaha I really don't consider myself that old! Its a weird feeling.... It probably only gets worse as I get older too haha I am glad that you had a good birthday, I would have given you a traditional Uganda dress, but it would of been a little pricey to send in the mail haha


You found a house!! (we made an offer on a house....haven't heard back yet so nothing for sure....) cool! I am glad haha that I wont have to move everything again!! :P But it will be weird to coming home to yet another new house! Stop changing everything up on me!! :P


I am glad that everyone is doing good! Shannon is old,... and its weird haha (She is graduating from high school this week...) I bet she will have a good time in AZ though! I really miss AZ... still thinking about going there when I get home..... sorry :( (so much for oh I miss you all so much and we are going to spend tons of time together when I get home.....) hahaha I will be around for a little though! Don't worry! I was thinking about things I did right before I left and I remembered taking the girls camping hahahaha That was fun, we might do that again when I get home! You know what else I miss?? CARPET!! I think I am going to sleep on the carpet when I get home, not going to lie! It is better than the foam pad I sleep on now!! :P


Ok are you ready for my week?? It is pretty crazy so buckle up!! We did not get to do alot of proselyting because our Zone leader responsibilities took us everywhere this week!


Monday- Pday of course haha


Tuesday- the only full work day that we had this whole week, we saw our baptism dates and other key people. We saw Mama Joshua, a woman who lost her brother who was the former branch president, and she loved his example and wanted to be a part of his church, she is going to be baptized this Sunday!! :)


Wednesday- we went and worked in Mengo, one of our districts in our zone, they have been struggling so we went and helped them contact and find some new investigators. Some missionaries don't have the fire anymore and its sad.


Thursday- We conducted a Zone leadership training with the AP's and President Jackson in the mission home. I gave a training on how we can invite the Spirit through questions and bearing our testimonies. I did pretty good not going to lie. (still so humble I see.... ha ha :) I used the scripture Alma 4:19 about bearing PURE testimony, it was good. So ya that took all day.


Friday- we had our zone planning meeting in the morning, (that's only with our companions) and they we headed to Makindye to do some baptism interviews. The people were late and when all was said and done, it was 8pm and we had to walk home, in the dark (as usual), in the mud (as usual) and arrived home sweaty and tired (As usual). SO ya that day took it out of me.


Saturday- I stayed home with Elder Cooley, who had a infected boil in his nose, the most awkward and painful spot. It started off as a pimple and he messed with it too much. It got SO swollen! and it totally disfigured his face, because his nasal cavities also got infected. So we called the mission doctor and she said to take him in. So I was the lucky one to take him in, and they numbed him up a little, squeezed and drained some stuff out, not a lot though, most if it was still hard. SO they put him on some antibiotics and sent us home. Now he is doing awesome, it has been draining out ALOT and he is feeling so much better! NO worries! It is all good now :) His mom knows and everything so don't worry haha so ya, that was my adventure on Saturday :)


Sunday- Was an ok day. We had ward conference, and it was good... except... it RAINED!! Yes, rain here is detrimental to any kind of missionary work. No one has a car, including us, so its not like we can do anything! People live so far and are too poor to hire a taxi or boda boda motorcycle to take them anywhere, so our attendance was horrid... not really, we still pulled 107, which is the second most EVER to attend this ward. We would of had so much more investigators if the rain had gone away. But the overall Sunday was not good. We only had two baptisms in the Zone, out of a planned 5, because the rain kept people home. And Elder Lee and I lost some of our baptism dates. Steven, one of our golden dates called us and said his dad would stop paying for him to go to school if he was baptized, so he cant be baptized... We asked if we could talk to him (the dad) and we did, and he is a total jerk. Going to school here is such a big deal, if you can pay for it, you NEVER pass it up. So his dad is holding his future in his hands with paying for his school, it is so stupid! We are going to continue to work with him though to over come this challenge.


Monday-- Here i am again!!


Well, that was my week, and I am EXHAUSTED. I was so tired yesterday night it was ridiculous. I am going to go home and take a nap! I need to recover and fast because next week starts tomorrow!! haha


Well, I really love it here, and being zone leader is alot of work, but so rewarding! I am receiving alot of blessings!! My comp is good! I like him, he works hard! Well, got to fly....


Love you all!!

Elder Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment