baptism day...
The chapel
view from the back
3 new members
Primary :)

Mom's with their babies.... future leaders!!
older primary :)
some children playing some kind of ball game...
going forth to spread the word!
to every nation kindred tongue and people...
Brad trying on someones cool shades.... haha
Brad sent several landscape pics this week to show us more of where he is and what it looks like


This is a hole they almost fell into one night while walking home in the dark! The workers had marked it with some branches...
view from the back
Mom's with their babies.... future leaders!!
May 30, 2011
Dear Mother
Ok, so here is my letter once again! It feels like I just wrote one! haha I am going to kind of do the same thing I did last week and give a play by play of my week haha But first, I will respond to your email haha
It sounds like everyone is all pumped for summer! I would be too... if I had a summer! Every day here is as hot as summer, does that count?? haha I am glad Shannon is in AZ and is safe and happy! She is going to be growing up fast the next year, its going to be scary!! haha Michelle, on two dates already!! Jeez.... another Shannon?? hopefully not!! hahaha jk jk Shannon :) hahaha I am excited for her, its going to be fun!! Rachel.... needs to forget about her leg already!! haha I hope the therapy stuff works!! I know it will :) Jenna is HILARIOUS!! I was laughing so hard at her story, she would totally do that, and she is so cute, an innocent little girl (Sometimes) hahaha. That is so dumb that the people are destroying our beautiful AZ house!! Get them out!! I like that house!! Maybe I will rent it from you guys with some friends when i get home..... just a thought... we could have like 6 people in there!! hahaha :P there is no way though, even though it would be AWESOME!! haha ANYWAYS! haha Ya the missionaries who lost fire are old, but some are young, which is what is worrying us as we are coming up on transfers in our zone... so ya, stress and more stress. Being a ZL has its ups, but mostly downs hahaha :P
So, this week was a straight up work week! Elder Lee and I planned no meetings, no nothing these last two weeks and it has really had a great effect on our area as well as the Zone! All our missionaries have been able to do more, and stay more focused, so we are going to start holding back our meetings and keeping them shorter, it is way more effective. So this week, Elder Lee and I worked all day every day, we were able to clean up our teaching pool, drop some fake people, and find a TON of new people! I will start by just hitting on some highlights.
1) we found three amazing families this week! and one whole family came to church! A family of 10!!! Yes!!! 8 kids!! it was so awesome!!!
2) we had 107 at church on Sunday!! and brought our monthly average to 102!!! That is unheard of in Kampala! yeah!!
3) We had 12 baptisms as a district this month, that's only 2 sets of Elders!! :)
So yea, we are seeing some great success here! It is so awesome!! Obedience brings forth the blessings of heaven!Our baptisms did not go through though, they all had challenges that they are over coming now, we hope to have two this week, and we are positive about those ones. Mama Joshua and Brother Steven, we have been working with them both for a while.
Well, I am not going to give you a play by play I don't think, because every day was the same, so I just decided to share with you the results, which is 1,2, and 3 hahaha
We are meeting with president today to talk about opening up a new area in our zone, so i have to run! Sorry! But we have transfers this week and I will know the next time I email where i am going!! yay!! I might stay though!! probably haha
Well I love you all so much!!
Elder Brad
No comments:
Post a Comment