blog template

Monday, June 20, 2011

week 47 Happy Birthday Jenna!!

Scenery from Jinja/Njeru
oh ya....only a COBRA snake!!! oh my gracious.. Brad said...."Don't worry mom, we didn't get to close to it." ha ha oh...that makes it just fine right? ahhh


Elder Chiromo

The Primary.... Elder Harris in the background Brad is playing the keyboard

Baptism of the last family member of this family... they were so happy!



Elder Moll and Brad with the family

Happy happy happy!! Families together!!


Elder Harris and another branch missionary picking mango's from the mango tree

June 20, 2011


Dear Mom!

Yes I saw that you were on last week, but the Internet here in Jinja is absolutely horrible, so sorry :( I would of enjoyed talking to you again!) (I saw that he was online when I checked for his email and we tried to chat but it didn't work...darn it!)

Ya so my truck is pretty sweet! It would shock you to know that this one is the worst one in the mission hahaha We got the old old trucks that they have had for some time, you should see the new Nissans they have!! I really love that truck though, it is so nice!! We travel ALOT though, now that we are in charge of the biggest zone in the mission! Ill tell you more of my adventures later :)

So ya, the blond hair guy is Elder Harris, (I asked him what his name was since I see him in lots of pics..he is in another one this week) he has been in Jinja for a LONG time, I left him here when I went to Nsambya, and I came back and found him here haha He is a good missionary and we are working close with him to build the new branch in Njeru :)

So we got the house huh!? (We are buying a house here in Vernal...no more renting...) Sweet! I am excited! We will all be settled in and everything, good good. Have fun packing and moving everything!! :P hahaha Good thing we got alot of family around! :)

Ok not going to lie, I have been so busy this week, I totally forgot about everything that is going on in the month of June. Its fathers day AND Jenna's b-day... holly cow that is crazy. Time is really going too fast, next time this year I will be packing and coming home!! haha Elder Rennie just hit his year mark last week, I am the next one to make the big step!! :D

That was an awesome story about Jenna and the fire!! Hahaha she would be the one to get involved with something like that hahaha I am so sad I was not there to witness it!! hahaha (a neighborhood boy set fire to a little hideout club house they have all been playing in and NO Jenna was not playing there or with them on the day it happened...THANK GOODNESS!! but she did know that the boy had a lighter and told the police....) She s so funny! SO, I am going to go over my week now :)

This week we did not get alot of time to work in our area, we have been doing so many zone responsibilities, it has been crazy! The new branch in Njeru is doing so well! We had 74 at church this week and a baptism! The young woman baptized is the last one in the family to be baptized, it was a really special Sunday for them! They all look so happy huh?? :) We also were in Bugembe this week helping the Elder's out there, they have been having a hard time keeping the morning schedule so we went and fixed some things, in the most Christ-like way possible :P We also went out to Iganga on Saturday, it was so awesome! I will take more pics next time! It is about an hour drive from Jinja, and we have a group meeting there. It is a huge sugar cane area, I have never seen so many fields of sugar cane in my life! It was so cool! There was mist sitting all over, and it looked awesome! We went there and helped the missionaries out that day. There are so many Muslims there, it is a hard area. There are also so many boarding schools there, so previous missionaries had been baptizing too many kids with no support systems in the group, so we went there and had a meeting with them and instructed them. Luckily President put a very old and experienced missionary there so we are going to work with him closely to turn that area around and get it up ad running again. :) So the AP's came up with a new reporting schedule so we can all get to bed on time now! It is awesome! We only report every other day of the week now, and we alternate taking reports and all this stuff, it is so bomb! I will be getting to sleep by 10:30 now!! :D Elder Rennie is inspired haha OH ya, (Elder Rennie was Brad's trainer and first companion and Brad loves that guy!) so in the new branch we are trying to get all the classes up and running with teachers and such, and I took the assignment of the primary! So I took the little key-board and I taught them primary songs! It was so cool! I loved it so much! I was even teaching the primary president and her councilor about how primary is done and everything. Next week we are going to have sharing time and singing time! :) My mission is THE BEST!! :P ahahaha

Well I think that is it for this week! We are having our first zone meeting this week and more exchanges with Mpumudde, more work to be done!! :) I love it here!!

Love Elder Brad Kendall

PS- I will be sending more letters home soon for everyone! :) If you all want some more things from here, there is a post office by our house and I can send another package, but I would need money haha love you!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment