blog template

Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 54

Constant's baptism

a marajuana plant in someone's front yard

weird looking ducks there in Uganda....

truly the "ugly duckling"... :)

Coffee bean plants

more coffee bean plants

August 8, 2011



Dear Mom!!


Sounds like a adventurous week!! Not going to lie though, that sounds like every week here.... hahaha :P I am not trying to demean your hardships, but I can say I know how you feel!! :D It was really fun to read about all your adventures and solutions and everything! It was really fun :) haha But I am glad now that you are all settled in and everything is working ok!

I wish I could have waffles.... (Grandma and Grandpa Kendall had us over for waffles last Monday cause our drains weren't working so well....)

It sounds like all the girls are having a fun time! It is really good to see that they are all finding themselves a little more! I am excited for school to start for everyone... I actually miss school.... Did I just say that???

Well my week was nothing too fantastic! We have been working with the stake president of Kampala Stake to get us some supplies here in Njeru for a while now. He is the buildings manager for all of Uganda so we always have to go through him to get anything done, it is kind of frustrating. We are not part of the stake, we are in Jinja District, which is presided over by President Jackson. If it were up to him, we would have everything now, President does not mess around at all haha He gets things done, its something I really like about him! Anyways, we ahve been lacking alot of things these last few months, the first thing is a sign for the church! we did not have a sign for two months!! We FINALLY got one this week, along with more church manuals and such, it was so nice! It is big and right on the building! We have been hounding the Stake president for some time now, and we finally got it!! The next thing is a baptism font, in other words, a big dumpster. right now we are traveling to Jinja Chapel to perform all our baptisms, which is a hassle since we are having so many haha :P But we are continuing to follow up and get what we need! haha We had our senior couples come to church yesterday and they were surprised at how we dont have much, so I hope that will put some more urgency into getting us our needs!! This mission is really unique! We have so many responsibilities and it is really a growing experience! We are also looking for a possible chapel sight and a new building for the group meeting up in Iganga!! I love it!! :)

So we have been really working hard and closely with all our recent converts, to get them callings in the church and to get them the priesthood and stuff! One of the husbands of the family we baptized last week is getting the priesthood this coming Sunday and is going to baptize his sister! So cool! We are really trying to build a strong foundation for the branch here, especially since it is so new! I lvoe the work we arwe doing here! I really love my comp as well, he is really pushing me to be a better missionary and to do all we can!! It is so awesome! I am not going to lie, these last two months have been the best on my mission!! I am loving it more than ever!! :D

We are really looking forward to this week, we are going to be super busy! We had a nice few weeks the last weeks, not being too busy with zone stuff, but the busy things start this week! We are going on exchanges in Iganga this week, as well as with the other elders in Njeru, and with the AP's! So I get to work with Elder Rennie again! It is going to be super cool! This week also, Iganga is going to be having 12 baptisms! they only baptize every other week because they have to travel to Bugembe, which is about an hour away, and they dont have a truck so they have to take public transport, which are taxi's haha not fun!! But we are hoping to form it into a branch soon! Also Jinja is looking to be made a Stake!! Yeah!! Possibly next year! We need to continue to grow it and develop it! It is going to be so exciting!! :D

Well thats about all from me this week!! Hope all is going well there and I love you all!!

Elder Brad!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment