August 1, 2011
Dear Mom!
Sorry for not being there to help you guys move! (we just moved into our new house this weekend) haha I am glad it is all figured out though! I hope you don't end up moving again, that would be quite unfortunate! It sounds like there are still some things that need to be worked on in the new house, but I am sure all is well!! ( the drains are draining slow and the phone and internet isn't hooked up yet...and no A/C so it is a little warm...) I hope that I get to see some pics soon! It is cool that Dad and you are planning on staying there forever, I guess it will be my turn to travel long distances to see my parents!! ( hmm I wonder what he means by this....?) haha So what is the story on the AZ house? Is it all good now?
It sounds like everyone is doing good and well though! I am glad Shannon is getting all excited for college! She is going to love it I think! Everyone is growing up and it is really weird, I think I will be able to have more mature and grown up conversations with my sister now!! hahaha jk jk Now they understand that life is all about working hard, and having fun when the time is right!! haha School is starting up again I guess, (in about 3 weeks...) tell the girls to do their best! It really is important! People here in Uganda do their best in whatever school they get, and still they don't have opportunities for jobs. I have met many a man who is making food on the street who has a degree in something. We are really lucky to have the opportunities that we have!!
So my week was AWESOME! We had a really busy week, but it was great, I really enjoyed it! On Tuesday, we had a regular work day, and we went and saw the couples who were planning on getting married and such. We had great lessons with them, and we really found some new great people. One of them was brother Moses, who wants to be baptized the first time we met him!! We are really blessed here ;)
Wednesday, I was in an area named Mpumudde, working with the district leader there. His name is Elder Mabunda, from South Africa. The funny thing is, his name in Luganda means "Big Stomach" haha but he has a good humor about it haha But I was there for Wednesday and Thursday, checking on the area and the missionaries there and making sure everything is good! I really enjoyed working with him, and we had a great time!
Friday- Elder Chiromo and I went to Iganga on Friday, to work with the Elders there and see how the new area is doing. We go there about every other week, since the area was just opened about 6 months ago, so it is still very new and fragile. We have a group of about 50-60 people meeting there every week, and it is about an hour away from where we are staying. So we worked there all day and had a great time!
Saturday was the BIG DAY!! We planned long and hard for this day! And both of the marriages went GREAT!! Everyone showed up and on time!! The service was awesome, and we all had a great time! The couples were so happy, and it was so perfect! We also had alot of interviews to do for the zone, so we were really busy running to and from areas as well.
Sunday was AWESOME! We had the baptisms of both the couples!! Four people!! It was so great!! All their family was there, and it was really a special day for all of them! They are going to add so much strength to the branch and to the district!! We were so happy and excited for them!!
So ya, this week we also will be having another baptism, of Constant, and great young man, who has been coming to church for like two months haha we are going to work with him to get him on a mission!! I am so grateful for my mission! I love it here more and more every day!! Love you all!!!
Love Elder Brad
No comments:
Post a Comment