blog template

Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 56 Record number at church!!

96 people attended church this week!!
nice house....
some sort of bird

Elder Chiromo..buckle up for safety!

Helping Hands project

doing landscaping at the Children's hospital
cutting grass with "slashers"






Brad and Elder Christensen...despite his shirt Brad said he is a cool missionary :)


Elder Chiromo and Brad...king of the step ladder!

August 22, 2011

Dear Mom,

Ok, so this week was the most crazy week ever. I really cant think of where this week went, because time fly by! The Zone Activity went really well on Monday! We had a great game of soccer with the whole zone and we had the barbecue successfully as well! We just roasted some meat, and sausages that we bought. They are super expensive, so we don't do it very often. Well they are not really expensive, actually really cheap in dollars, but we don't exactly get alot of allotment money here haha :P

Tuesday we had a great day of work in our area, we found some great people and followed up on those that came to church and all of our baptism dates. We found a super powerful woman named Catherine. Her whole family is Muslim, which was a red flag for us at the beginning, but we got to know her more. I guess her dad use to be a Christian, but converted to Muslim. (By the way, that is the first time I have EVER heard someone convert to Islam haha). So i guess he is cool with her being a Christian. If he was a stout Muslim, there would be no way she would be able to go to church. But she read the whole assignment really well and understood it well also!! She will be one to read the whole BoM and understand it, it is so cool!! :D We also found a new family, Stella and Mark, and we are trying to get them to get married so they can be baptized, its a huge thing here in Uganda, trying to get people married!! they have traditions and things that really hold people back. Like they have to pay cows to the father in law, and most people cannot afford cows, so they just don't get married and they live together.

Wednesday I spent the day in Jinja Town with Elder Christensen, he is the one in the Utah shirt haha I was on an exchange with him till Thursday, he is a super cool guy and we had a great time working together!!

Thursday was another working day! We visited alot of our recent converts to strengthen them and to get them prepared for future callings and the priesthood. I swear, we do so much work here! The branches and wards cannot stand on their own, so we do so much. I did no realize this till now... we do too much and it stresses me out of my mind!!

Friday we had weekly planning as usual, and then we went on exchanges with the Elders in Walukuba. I LOVE going back to that area, it is so great! We had a great time with the Elders there and we were able to help them with their investigators and see how they are progressing. I have found that missionary work is somewhat of a talent. That some people are naturally good at it, and others need some close guidance. It is fun to learn and observe, then to help the best I can.

Saturday was Mormon Helping Hands day! It is where all the members across all of Africa do service on the same day in their respective communities! Jinja District, which is 5 branches and 1 group, we went to the children's hospital in Jinja and cleaned it and did the landscaping!! It was so nice to get out and to manual labor again!! It felt good! I am trying to be more healthy these days too by the way, no more soda, and eating after 7pm haha But ya, we had a blast there with the members, the people here are really great! We then had baptism interviews the rest of the day in Bugembe and Mpumudde. One of the candidates was 13, the son of a recent convert. He also has Sickle Cell Anemia, so he is the size of a 8 year old, but is 13. He was so smart and awesome, It was great :)

Sunday was AWESOME! We had 96 people come to church! An all time high!! BUT we did not have a baptism, the first time in a while, it was sad. But his week we will be having another wedding and three baptisms!! :D So it is all good. WE then had a Zone FHE, because it is the end of the transfer. We find out transfer news this week, so I might be in a different area when I email next week!! But I have a strong feeling I will be staying here haha Elder Chiromo will be leaving probably. He is my second favorite comp though, next to Elder Rennie. This has probably been the best three months on my mission. He is so awesome!! I will miss him alot! It would be so cool if we stay together though, but I highly doubt it. ZL's move alot, and we have already stayed together for two transfers.

WELL that's it!! Love hearing from you all and I pray for you every night!! LOVE YOU!!

Elder Brad Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment