blog template

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Week 101

July 2, 2012

(Just a note from mom.... he comes home THIS month!!! )
 
Dear Mother,

So many questions!! hahaha Can you send me the pic of the rolled truck?? ( a pair of elders swerved to miss a goat and their truck rolled....the missionaries are safe not a scratch)  I have not seen it. Mud slide did not really affect anyone, it was in a more remote location. (there was a big mud slide in Uganda last week that was on the news. )  We are actually going to Ethiopia this week on Wednesday! My last time up there, it is going to be a bitter sweet time. Last time to say goodbye to everyone. My mission has been the best. The Lord has really blessed me alot, to allow me to go back there so often. Sister Parrish is doing much better, she is in intense rehab now, but is still immobile on her right side.

(talking about flying to Arizona to see all his buddies after he gets home before he reports there on the 12th)  If I could fly in morning, that would be great, I want all the time there as possible! I dont know who is all going to pick me up and who I am going to stay with... maybe with Jeff's family? I dont know. But the get together thing would be really cool! I would enjoy that alot. thanks :) Make sure Shannon is on Facebook inviting everyone haha :P

No, I really dont have any more concerns about the house, just excited! ;)

Question! I have a job prospect that I want to do! I want to work at Best Buy as a sales guy in the computer section! How cool would that be! I actually looked online and there is an opening for the store in Orem and American Fork, so I think I should apply! I can online, but I need to put a phone number. Can I put yours?? I dont know if I should apply now, or later?? Because if I wait the opening might be gone, but they may want me to start next week! I dont know what to do, help?? hahaha My comp, Elder Flinders worked there and loved it! I want to do it so bad!! haha

Sounds like everyone had a really eventful week! I got some really good letters from the girls, and they tell me a lot of what they do, its really good to hear from them.

My week was pretty nuts! President Jackson had his daughter and son in law visit, so they were off doing things with them all week. That meant that we had not much to do in the office. So we went out and worked with the missionaries! I went to two of my previous areas, Njeru and Nsambya! It was so fun to get out and work, and to visit some of the people I taught! So that is what we did all week. We also went to the source of the Nile last week on P-day before we stared the exchange with the missionaries there in Jinja. It was so great! I bought some really awesome things! But I am being frugal, dont worry! On Saturday, we had a meeting with a zone here in Kampala, and we have another one tomorrow. We played basketball today with some of the Elders for P-day. It was alot of fun!

This week we are going to go to Ethiopia! I am so excited! We are going to Awassa as well, the southern part of Ethiopia. It is the rainy season up there, so it is super cold now! I am going to have to take my jacket! Sweet! ;) I have some good plans to see most of my recent converts, and eat at my favorite Ethiopian places. I LOVE Ethiopian food. LOVE it, i need to see if there are places in Utah where they have a restaurant or something.

Well, thats about it! I am just finishing strong! Not much time left! It is fun, and I am physically tired, but it is worth it! Love you!

Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment