blog template

Monday, July 23, 2012

week 104....Last email

July 23, 2012

Dear My Wonderful Mother!

Well, this week I actually have time! This is going to be my last email home! Can you believe that? I am still in denial! I don't think that I really comprehend all that is going on! My mind is not registering that I am going home. Everyone here keeps talking about it, but I really don't know what to tell them!! haha I went to Njeru branch this last week, my favorite place in Uganda. I love those people! I bore my testimony to them during sacrament meeting, and some of them started crying! That did not help my cause, so I started to tear up as well. They are truly wonderful people, I cant wait to meet them again! We finished our rounds of trainings on Sunday, so we are now just in the office, getting ready for the transfers. We are working with President on them. I am making sure i have everything I need and want, and am making sure it will all fit in my suitcase!! haha I am glad that I have some time to relax and get my mind together! These last three weeks have been the most crazy on my mission! I was so tired and done at the end of all this haha President was too! We were all worn out and tired, it definitely took a toll on all of us! There is not much that is going to happen  this week, just doing the transfers, which takes a considerable amount of time. Thanks for emailing me the last two years! You are so awesome! I love you!

I have really been blessed to serve here in the Uganda Kampala mission. I think that the Lord has been too merciful to me. I don't really deserve all the blessings that he gives me! I don't know why he loves me so much, it is something that I have been trying to understand! As I have been serving in these African countries the last two years, I have been reminded over and over again that I have so much to be thankful for. I really don't understand. My relationship with God and Jesus Christ has grown so much in the last two years, it is an amazing thing that I cannot really understand. I have been trying to align my will with theirs, and amazing things have happened. I have come to understand that their will is perfect, and that I need to deal with that! I have also learned to treat others as God would, even those that treat you like junk. It is a hard pill to swallow, but I have learned to swallow my pride a little more. It is still there for sure, but less and less. It is something I have really worked hard on. I guess I have just found out more and more about myself, and who I am, and what the Lord expects of me. I have identified my weaknesses and can now improve myself more. The Lord has his ways in showing us our weaknesses. I am glad that he was able to help me, by having me help other people. I love these people here in Uganda and Ethiopia. I want to come back some day and visit! It is so awesome here. I love it.

I know that its a short email, but I am going to be home soon! And you can hear all about it all :) Love you, and see you soon!

Elder Brad Kendall

(It seems unreal that we are coming to the close of Brad's mission.  What an amazing journey we have been on.  I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for this experience in all of our lives.  I can tell he has grown into an amazing young man.  He will go far in life.  How blessed I feel to have him as a part of our family!  I can't wait to put my arms around him one week from tomorrow!!! )

No comments:

Post a Comment